Question

Honor Student
samdynamite13
Message 1 of 6 (1,859 Views)

HP Pavilion G60 Notebook turns off unexpectedly

My HP Pavilion G60 Notebook PC turns off unexpectedly occasionally.  It appears to be a problem I can work around as from what I've observed, it only does this when it is fully charged and is still plugged in.  However, it's pretty annoying and I would love to find out if there is a solution!  It does not do this all the time but when it does, it just seems to click off, and then restarts after a few seconds and asks how I would like to start the computer.  Thanks for any input!

PhD Student
Knute
Message 2 of 6 (1,833 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion G60 Notebook turns off unexpectedly

How old is the laptop?  What surface is it on when this happens? Is the laptop hot when this happens?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name
  • If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly

• Honor Student
    samdynamite13
    Message 3 of 6 (1,826 Views)

i've had the laptop for about a year and a half.  it is usually sitting on my desk or a desk-like surface when this happens.  it doesn't seem to be too hot when this happens as i can usually tell when the fan is in overdrive, but i can't say for sure. 

Honor Student
    samdynamite13
    Message 4 of 6 (1,825 Views)

it actually did it again while i was writing that message for the first time and my computer wasn't even fully charged, though it was plugged in.

PhD Student
    Knute
    Message 5 of 6 (1,822 Views)

Cats or Dogs in the house?  Sometimes it can be from overheating, check out this article:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01657439&tmp_track_link=ot_faqs/top_issues/en_u...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name
  • If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly

• Honor Student
    samdynamite13
    Message 6 of 6 (1,789 Views)

no cats or dogs around.  just me.  and i'm not even that hairy heh heh.  tried blowing the vents out and did get some stuff out, but it still turned off a couple times last night, still when it was plugged in.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation