Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello. Im realy having trouble to update my NVIDIA video drives. Now I have the drivers that followed the computer (Vista drivers) for my Windows 7 OS. Version 167.53.

I have tried different versions: 257.21, 267.76, 270.61 and 275.33. But when I use this drivers, the system just freeze after a short period of use. The only way to restart is to kill all power (Reset boot).

I've looked in system events but it doesn't generate some error codes (probably it freeze before it does).

This is very irritating, since the new games can't work under this old driver.

Anyone with some kind of solutions?

Here is my info for my current driver:

NVIDIA System Information report created on: 08/08/2011 11:50:16

[Skjerm]
Prosessor:        Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T8300  @ 2.40GHz (2393 MHz)
Operativsystem:    Microsoft Windows Vista x64 (Service Pack 1)
DirectX-versjon:    10.0
GPU-prosessor:        GeForce 8800M GTS
ForceWare-versjon:    167.53
Totalt tilgjengelig grafikkminne:    2303 MB
Dedikert videominne:    512 MB
System-videominne:    0 MB
Delt systemminne:    1791 MB
VideoBIOS-versjon:    62.92.23.00.17
IRQ:            16
Buss:            PCI Express x1

[Components]

nvCplUIR.dll        1.5.30.32        NVIDIA Control Panel
nvCpl.cpl        2.5.560.06        NVIDIA Control Panel Applet
nvExpBar.dll        1.5.30.32        NVIDIA Control Panel
nvCplUI.exe        2.5.560.06        NVIDIA Control Panel
nvViTvSR.dll        7.15.11.6753        NVIDIA Video and TV Server
nvViTvS.dll        7.15.11.6753        NVIDIA Video and TV Server
nvDispSR.dll        7.15.11.6753        NVIDIA Display Server
NVMCTRAY.DLL        7.15.11.6753        NVIDIA Media Center Library
nvDispS.dll        7.15.11.6753        NVIDIA Display Server
NVCPL.DLL        7.15.11.6753        NVIDIA Compatible Windows Vista Display driver, Version 167.53
nvGameSR.dll        7.15.11.6753        NVIDIA 3D Settings Server
nvGameS.dll        7.15.11.6753        NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Now I've been trying all the new drivers, and no one will work on my HP. 

Only solution, buy a new laptop, and guess what, it wont be a HP computer :catmad:

-M-

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Update: I just updated the bios with the SP51602.

F.40 08/29/2008

To:

F.41 11/22/2010

But still no success...

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem with my HDX9320ea under Windows 7 x64.

The driver that Windows itself installed (187.66) works fine but any updated drivers from Nvidia give me that complete system lockup. If it may narrow down the problem, extended gaming sessions work fine with no problems but the freezing occurs during normal Windows usage and there's no pattern to when it happens, just that it happens very frequently so that normal usage is impossible until the driver is rolled back to 187.66.

As usual with HP, official driver support is lacking and almost non-existant. Pretty disgraceful for a company as large as HP. My last laptop, an nx9105, was 100% Vista capable and had a 64-bit AMD processor but when I asked them for support they refused to acknoweldge it was Vista-able in any way and recommended I upgraded! (read: buy a new laptop from us) Well I only bought the HDX because it was the only one of its kind out there but I've been bitten by HP's unparallelled lack of support twice now. I won't be fooled a 3rd time.

HP Recommended

i have same problem my friend i dont know whats wrong ... but i thing its due to phyx system becuse its incompatible

HP Recommended

ahhhh after hard work i solve the problem my friends .. here is solution all you have to do copy this driver extaction files in any folder and by devise manger use upgarde driver and after that give the path of that folder where you extract files ( i am going to upload the driver files also on hosting site ).....this is update driver 285.62 version and these can play all type of games and no need to worry about freezing its all right now ..... actulay the problem is with physx system becuse the GPU got hangup when its start working with physx so this experience  is better

i hope you will enjoy my frineds regards and dont forget to say thanks .....

http://www.mediafire.com/?6yuccpy3zf1rv1r

HP Recommended

So have you tried this with new games? And what is the different from installing drivers the regular way?

I will try this driver you suggested and come back for my experiences.

HP Recommended

i have a same problem and now i install old version of drivers wich is on HP driver suport....

HP Recommended

So what you are saying is instead of using the executable from Nvidia to install the new drivers, you just extract them then go to the device manager and choose to update the driver using the extracted files?

I hope this works, thanks for the tip!

Edit: Unfortunately it hasn't worked for me. The laptop froze after only a few minutes 😞

Edit 2: I also went into the Nvidia control panel and set PhysX manually to the CPU, still froze. Set it manually to the GPU, still froze. For some reason I can't roll back to the last working driver so now I have to backup everything and reinstall Windows.

HP you are a total joke.

HP Recommended

Now I've been trying all the new drivers, and no one will work on my HP. 

Only solution, buy a new laptop, and guess what, it wont be a HP computer :catmad:

-M-

HP Recommended

Yeah,

I also Thousands lost on that deal. I'm sure Carly Fiorona Meg Whitman or whatever slime ball is in there now saved a few bucks by not fixing the issue.

Here's my new Toshiba. It comes with SUPPORT! (yeah)

http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/pdet.to?poid=2000100009&src=ANEM&cm_mmc=SF_Nextag&utm_source=Nex...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.