Question

Student
aeolia
Message 1 of 2 (789 Views)

HP Pavilion dm4-1265dx shutdown problems.

My newly bought hp dm4-1265dx has shutdown, sleep and hibernate problems. my laptop has no problems in starting up. However, when i do the things above, my laptop gives a black screen, however the power indicator is still lit and i still hear the fan running. The only way to turn it off is holding the power button. I also noticed that it takes at least 30 seconds to restart. I already tried updating the bios and windows update, changing the msconfig settings to have a clean boot, disabling the usb suspend setting and doing the HDD tests through the BIOS. Is this a hardware problem?

Student
machodan
Message 2 of 2 (514 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dm4-1265dx shutdown problems.

I have a similar problem.   First time start-up is always smooth and easy. However, if I leave the laptop idle for more than an hour, it either has a black screen (from which I cannot wake it up without cold rebooting) or it goes to a blue screen (which I need to pull the battery out of it in order to even be able to reboot it. Help?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation