Question
HP Pavilion dv7-1245dx will not turn on
Replies (13)

Honor Student
User34
Message 11 of 14 (6,049 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv7-1245dx will not turn on

We had the same issue.  We found a motherboard onling and replaced it.  The laptop worked for about 3 months or so and did the same thing again.  It just stopped working and no lights would come on.  It appears it is a defect in the laptop itself that fries motherboards/power supplies.  Very disappointed in the products failure.  When it worked it was great.

Student
805tech
Message 12 of 14 (5,519 Views)

I think there is a design flaw on this laptop. My GF parents have this laptop and I have replaced the Motherboard twice. HP laptops get very hot and have poor cooling causing the chips to burn. Both motherboards I have replaced the chips were burned. My GF has a laptop similar and I bought her a good laptop cooler to try to keep it cool. The laptop cooler has helped but I think without it that board will go bad soon. To the OP about buying another board and not seeing anything maybe the screen connection was not seated all the way and loose.

Honor Student
fursuf
Message 13 of 14 (4,349 Views)

Student
careermoves
Message 14 of 14 (3,403 Views)

Hi ,

Even I am facing the same problem.I bought it just 5 days back.Yesterday it was in perfect condition.I shut it down in the night and when I tried to start it today morning it doesnt respond.The power doesnt turn on at all.

But the battery is getting charged.Thats the only light that is turned on when connected to power supply.

I am returning this laptop today..grrrrrr........

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation