Question

Honor Student
weltschmertz
Message 1 of 3 (465 Views)

HP Pavilion dv7-4050em video freeze

Hello-
I have a new HP Pavilion dv7, but I have noticed that many times when playing a video (youtube.com or streaming), the picture will run smooth for a few seconds (20 sec.), then freeze momentarily and resume for a few more seconds before doing it again.

Is this a typical problem? Please let me know what information might be helpful to answer this question.

I bought the computer new from HP close to two months ago.

Thanks much for the help!

Honor Student
kcoughlin
Message 2 of 3 (382 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv7-4050em video freeze

Problem might be due to "buffering," where your web browser is bringing the video across the internet to a temporary file. If you watch the red progress bar underneath, and it stops at the same moment the picture locks up, this is most likely the problem. I usually hit the pause button (2 vertical bars) and wait for the red progress bar to finish crawling to the right. This indicates the file is completely on your hard drive.

Another option would be to wait until a sizable portion is completed transferring, then start to watch.

Note: this problem is usually related to internet speed and not new computer speed. New computers (less than 10 years old) have far more compute power than the average citizen will ever use. (except, of course, if you are running Vista or Windows in less than 2gb of memory, and wiht all the pretty bells-and-whistles enabled)

Honor Student
weltschmertz
Message 3 of 3 (262 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv7-4050em video freeze

:smileyvery-happy: I know that, it's not problem anymore.. 

I have a different issue now.. I can not play 1080p videos.. I mean, i can lay them but picture is keep freezing and stuttering.. What could cause this..

Thank you..! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation