Question

Honor Student
matamo1
Message 1 of 4 (823 Views)

HP Pavilion dv7-4278nr Entertainment Notebook PC blue screen death

hi, i got this laptop around a year ago. ran fine for about 9 months now getting blue screen with STOP error, More and more frequent. done all test, reboot, everything. updated and reinstalled new drivers ect. cant fix the problem. If somene can give me an email i can send mini dump files if that will help. Please help spent alot on this computer and now i can hardly watch videos.

Window 7 ultimate

AMD phenom II N669-dual core processor 3.00Ghz

4GB ram

64 bit OS

Tutor
fymichaud
Message 2 of 4 (811 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv7-4278nr Entertainment Notebook PC blue screen death

Hi,

My laptop is the HP Pavilion dv9730 US ( a few years older than yours) and I too get the blank (or blue like you say) screen now and then.  I haven't been able to figure out what is going on there but I have found the only thing I can do is to keep my battery removed and when this happens, I just pull the power plug.  Not a great solution, but removing power and thus rebooting gets my computer (and screen) operating again.  I got this answer online here on the HP site somewhere.  Unfortunately, it seems to be a common occurence. 

Common issues with Notebook Displays:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01881110&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

Your product's webpage here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=5077926&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&task=&lang=en&cc=us

Solve a problem:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&l...

I hope this helps.  Good luck (I sympathize!).

Honor Student
matamo1
Message 3 of 4 (809 Views)

I have downloaded speed fan and checked the temp of my computer. Im not too sure how to use speed fan just got it to few temps.. and my comp is burning up. when playing games comp gets to 80 C. sometimes higher. how do i fix this?? trying to take apart to clean fans but cant seem to get bottom panel off. please help

Tutor
fymichaud
Message 4 of 4 (807 Views)

Hi,

I wouldn't take your computer apart especially if it's still under warranty!

Yes, many folks have had problems with heating issues.  I have as well.  One thing I did that helped...I put a folded towel (thick) under my computer but made sure that the fan which is under the computer is NOT covered.  This allows the fan some space to push air and therefore circulate the air.  Always try to have some free space under the fan so the air can circulate. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation