Question
HP Pavilion g6-1257sa keyboard problem
Replies (18)

Retired
SedonaF
Message 11 of 19 (15,237 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion g6-1257sa keyboard problem

Hi sambuchanan1,

I'm sorry but this is a peer-to-peer community of HP customers, and not a venue to contact HP directly. Most of the users here are consumers like yourself who are offering solutions because they like to help others, and any HP employees you see are here on their own capacity and not representing the company.

If you have additional or direct feedback for HP about their products or services, or questions about repair, you can use the link below for contact information.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-information/summary/ww-contact-us.html

If you have other questions and concerns about using the forum, please feel free to send me a private message.

Thank you.

Clicking the "Kudos star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!

When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!

Rules of Participation
ILL Honor Student
Honor Student
ILL
Message 12 of 19 (15,229 Views)

I've been having the same problem since I got my new g6 in Aug. I just got off the phone with what seems to be the solution, (got my fingers crossed).  It seems to be within the "Sticky Keys" function....it is a short cut, by pressing the key twice it locks it ON. You access this by pressing the "shift" key 5 times, then click on the Go to ease.... ,  uncheck the "Lock Modifier" box, click apply, then OK and reboot.   

Ivan  

Honor Student
sambuchanan1
Message 13 of 19 (15,225 Views)

Ah thanks for that info although it doesnt seem to of fixed my problem so off it goes back to the shop tomorrow

Honor Student
Lisa_in_NYC
Message 14 of 19 (14,945 Views)

[ Edited ]

I know, crazy, right?  I have the exact same issue with my G6.  HP has totally lost any potential future business from me.  This problem is one of several that HP has yet to resolve at all, after hours on the phone with them for other issues.  Ugh.  I just want my keyboard, sound, and monitor to work properly -- is that so much to ask for a computer purchased supposedly brand new?

Honor Student
hailefamily
Message 15 of 19 (14,709 Views)

I'm not getting that same "it" issue; however my keyboard at random will start doing random things. For example, pressing "a" brings up the help window (normally F1- which doesn't work while this happens). I have tried to contact HP support to see what is wrong and possibly fix this. Three calls amounting to over 1.5 hours and I still have this problem. I might take advantage of the store warranty i purchased when I got this thing. If anyone has a solution PLEASE let me know!

Honor Student
Lisa_in_NYC
Message 16 of 19 (14,706 Views)

Someone (I think perhaps on a different thread?) recommended putting a link to the on-screen keyboard from the control panel, saying that if you launch that and then close out it should fixes the problem.  I haven't yet had to try it, but plan to do so.  Hope this helps.

Honor Student
hailefamily
Message 17 of 19 (14,704 Views)

the first support call set that link up. If I do that then when my keyboard goes screwey it will instead freeze up completely.. so far the only thing that works is log off, restart and try again.
Student
kristymadimike
Message 18 of 19 (11,756 Views)

Solution:  I think I've fixed it by going into the control panel, hardware and sound, synaptics touchpad.  De-select multi-finger gestures and scrolling.  Seems to be working for me.  Hope that helps.

Student
Benniebob
Message 19 of 19 (3,079 Views)

What worked for us is to reboot and via ESC move to F11 where in the recovery-mode, we could roll back to a previous system restore point!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation