As well as when this happens, my keyboard doesn't work
It also opens links in new tabs instead of opening it in the same tab 

Can someone help me? 

Distinguished Professor
Charles001
Message 2 of 3 (2,026 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion g6

opens links in new tabs instead of opening it in the same tab:

this is probably IE setting (see attached screenshot for settings)

Zoom instead of scroll: check the touchpad settings in the mouse setting (last tab)

======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
DNW Student
Student
DNW
Message 3 of 3 (2,015 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion g6

Hi There

I have experienced the exact same issue.  The first warning sign is that clicking on the touchpad or attached mouse will send the cursor soaring somewhere else or performing some other function you didn't intend.  I have also experienced the zooming in or out when all I wanted to do is scroll up or down the page.  Then the keyboard won't respond;  letters or numbers.  I have closed down IE and opened up Word to verify if it was just an IE problem, but Word wouldn't open unless in safe mode and still then the keyboard and mouse functions wouldn't work properly.  Always have to restart to correct everything.

Don't know if this is associated with this problem or not, but a couple of other times, the system as frozen up at either the user and password window or the welcome screen at start up.  Must restart or even hard start to have it respond again.

All Norton scans come up fine except for tracking cookies which are deleted. No viruses.  And the HP assistant never finds problems either.

I have only until April 2012 for my 1 year warranty and I am nervous if this fixable or not.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation