Question

Honor Student
FatBaldMen
Message 1 of 11 (20,926 Views)

HP Pavilion tx1000 Black screen

I have an HP Pavilion tx1000, and I also have the infamous black screen with with all lights and fans working. I've also tryed over and over and over somemore, soft and hard resets. I've eliminated the power supply being the problem by removing the battery and powering on with ac adapter, turns on to black screen as usual, so my power supply is healthy. What i'm looking for is a solid reson this is happening and what can i do about it, without having to by a new computer. I would think that HP would help in this situation. Cheers

Tutor
muzamea
Message 2 of 11 (20,879 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion tx1000 Black screen

Send it to the guy on eBay for $69.00 they will fix it with a 95% percent success rate...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260595095107

Student
berksrq
Message 3 of 11 (20,843 Views)

I have had the same issue and was goiing to send to HP for repair with another computer.  Tech tried to tell me out of warranty and charge for same as getting another computer.  It is still supposed to be under warranty and is not as major as tech tried to make think.

We have found that it is a sign of to low of power registering from batery needing a new battery not a new power supply.  We have two of the same model as well as few others.  Typoicaly will happen when battery has been allowed to run completely down and has not sufficiently fully charged yet, computer has become hot in trying to charge at same time.  Leave it alone to fully charge 1/2 to full day and see if it will come up again with/without new battery.

Honor Student
hpineedhelp
Message 4 of 11 (20,524 Views)

Did you find any solution for your black screen? I have the same problem. First was the wireless stopped working and now I have a black screen with lights on but nothing on the screen. I called tech support and after paying $50 for the diagnosis he told me that I have to send it for repair and that it will cost $298!!! I already invest on the new AC cable, wireless and $50 for the diagnosis.

iN GOOGLE THEY ARE 100S OF PEOPLE WITH THE SAME PROBLEM.

\

cAN HP PLEASE CREATE A RECALL FOR THIS TYPE OF LAPTOP AND REPAIR IT?

wAITHING FOR YOUR PROMPT RESPONSE!!

THANKS

Provost
CherylG
Message 5 of 11 (20,514 Views)

[ Edited ]

Nvidia is replacing many of these laptops.Check your model here:

http://www.nvidiasettlement.com/index.html

-------------------------------------------

Not on the replacement list? Next best alternative>>

Nvidia GPU Repair

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Student
STRICQ9_0038
Message 6 of 11 (17,368 Views)

MY HP TX1000 KEEPS STAYS BLACK WHEN I TURN IT ON,MOST OF THE TIME I HAVE TO RESET IT ,OR TURN IT ON AND OFF A NUMBER OF TIMES FOR IT TO ACTUALLY TO KICK ON,,AND WHEN IT DOES IT'LL STAY ON TILL I TURN IT OFF AND TURN IT BACK ON ,I HAVE TO REPEAT THE SAME THING OVER TILL IT KICKS BACK ON,CAN SUM1 HELP ME

Student
Vincenty
Message 7 of 11 (16,441 Views)

I still have my laptop in a drawer.  With the black screen problem. I had bought the warranty and send them the receipt and never answered. Try to solve the problem for months until I get tired. I wonder if something has been resolved the problem with this model. Still I have all the document.  Thanks to HP I switch to Mac.  and the printers to Brother.  After more than 10 year with everything HP.  4 Printers, external hard drive, etc.  TX 1000 was my first laptop.

Honor Student
newode
Message 8 of 11 (14,732 Views)

I do not see a definitive root cause here... Can't fix what is not known to be broke. So, do we have a list of probable causes?

is this power related?

Is this video chip related?

Is this...?

Student
FredAd
Message 9 of 11 (14,625 Views)

I have the same problem the wireless stopped at first and then I had a black screen with all lights on and the laptop is not shutting down what should I do
Student
Watever
Message 10 of 11 (14,081 Views)

Same thing happens to me. Black screen, with power lights still running. Freezes with squiggly lines frozen on screen. Takes several tries to get to startup screen,sometimes will be black then after several tries will work for 30 min to hr then freeze. I have had the wifi issue where my wifi is working but the hp tx 1000 doesn't register it. I have to use my Ethernet cable for it to work. With all these issues they expect US to pay to evaluate the problem then pay even more to correct the issue. I am never buying an HP ever again with these ridiculous problems and the lack of compassion and customer support they have for their. They have to rob us with their repair just so their company can stay afloat. Maybe if they recalled their computers or helped I might buy an HP. With the same problems that everyone seems to be encountering they would be smart enough to fix the bugs but instead they just tell us to repair with high cost. Looks like I will be going dell or Mac. Never again hp. Side story my father had an hp different model but had same issues until , it just wouldn't even start. Took it to repair shop said it wasn't even worth repairing. Don't buy HP not worth it in the long run.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation