Question

Honor Student
LechTech
Message 1 of 6 (830 Views)

HP Pavillion DV7-3065dx, will not turn on, light next to AC power jack lights up blue/white

[ Edited ]

I have an HP Pavillion DV7-3065dx.

The laptop was only charging when the AC adapter plug was angled in a certain way, eventually this stopped working all-together.  I bought a new AC adapter (same as the original, I verified the wattage and amperage), the light next to the AC plug on the laptop lights up white/blue when plugged in, no other lights are lit.

The laptop is completely unresponsive.  Tried removing battery, unplugging AC, holding power for 25 seconds.  Did not help.

Assumed possible damage to the AC jack cord.  Opened up laptop, replaced AC jack cord to motherboard, still no change.

At this point, am I looking at a fried motherboard, or are there still other options available to me?

Thanks.

Honor Student
LechTech
Message 2 of 6 (809 Views)

Re: HP Pavillion DV7-3065dx, will not turn on, light next to AC power jack lights up blue/white

Anyone?
Honor Student
LechTech
Message 3 of 6 (781 Views)

Re: HP Pavillion DV7-3065dx, will not turn on, light next to AC power jack lights up blue/white

Any help would be appreciated, please :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
shahida
Message 4 of 6 (546 Views)

I can see this is one year old post without any solution. I am having the same problem now so want to know how did you solve it then. Was the problem with Motherboard? If possible please reply me.

Thanks

Student
ScottyBoy24
Message 5 of 6 (511 Views)

Me too!>> Will not power on>>> white power lights,blink on and off 3 times...thats all it would do>>> NOW it will not even do that.
Have you found out what the problem is?
Should it still power up if the battery is no good?(with the power cable plugged in?) Mine will not. does this mean I need a new power cable or a new battery? How can I determine which one?>>> Thanks for reading and hope to hear from you soon.
Grad Student
maxpower757
Message 6 of 6 (500 Views)

Three blinks usually means bad ram.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation