Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I had already tried IE, Firefox and Chrome. Still can't... Can I really trust that site?

HP Recommended

Try using a direct link to a mirror.  Here is a link.

What was the result of the virus scan?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

It detected "Rootkit.0Access" and "PUP.BundleInstaller.Somoto". What should I do now? Use the Kaspersky's tool?

(Also, I did a quick scan)

(Sorry for answering a bit late, I had been busy)

HP Recommended

You don't have to apologize.  The great thing about these forums is that you can come back to answer at your pace.  I will see that you replied by email or in the forum itself.  So, take your time if you need to!  You are also welcome to send me a private message when you update your thread to let me know.  I am more than happy to continue working on the issue with you.  

You should definitely remove those.  However, you need to perform a "Full Scan" as well.  This will ensure that the application finds all of the nasty software.  I would also run the Kapersky tool.

Were you able to install Malwarebytes using the direct link?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

HP Recommended

I haven't updated my anti virus application yet (having some problems with it, I forgot the password and I need that password in order to update... I will be able to update it on Monday or Tuesday) so I scanned my laptop with MalwareBytes and had posted the result above as you can see. I will remove them now and install this Kaspersky tool.

HP Recommended

Okay, I deleted those viruses and installed that tool. It scanned the computer and found nothing unusual.

HP Recommended

Good morning Wulfric.

It will be important to update the anti-virus and scan with it as well.  This is because Malwarebytes and the anti-virus scan for different types of malicious software.  If you're unable to update the anti-virus I highly recommend you replace it with an alternative such as Microsoft Security Essentials.  

It is now a good time to see if the issue persists.  First, you should delete the dumpfiles which are already on your notebook. Afterwards you can load up a game and verify whether the notebook crashes.  If the notebook crashes then you should upload the newer dumpfiles so that I may look over them.  This will allow me to determine whether the errors are the same.

I really appreciate your patience in working with me.  Have an excellent day!

HP Recommended

I deleted the old dumpfiles and launched a game which causes shut down. I played like an hour and it crashed. But after the laptop restarted when I looked for dumpfiles, I couldn't find any! I didn't create new dumpfiles. Can you help me with that please?

Kind regards.

HP Recommended

Hello again Wulfric.  

I think the next step you take should be to perform an HP System Recovery.  This takes the notebook back to factory conditions (a known working state) and rules out software issues 99% of the time.  If the problem persists after performing a recovery it is almost always hardware related.  However, because your notebook passed the earlier diagnostics I think it is unlikely to be a hardware issue.  

You need to back up all of your important data and then look into performing this recovery.  If you're unsure how to perform the recovery take a look at this document.  It has detailed instructions you can follow.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask.  Make sure to post the result of the recovery to the thread.  I will be watching for a reply.

I hope you have an excellent rest of the day!

HP Recommended

Hey,

Sorry for being away for months, I've been busy lately. Anyway, I figured out that the problem is about overclocking of my laptop's graphics card. Whenever I disable it, my probook doesn't shut down however, its performance decreases so much. Doesn't matter now as I'm going to get a new laptop in three weeks. Thank you so much for your help.

Sincerely,

Wulfric

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.