Question

Student
captwilby
Message 1 of 2 (1,620 Views)

HP Registration Screen keeps popping up

I have tried all 3 choices Register Now / Remind me later / Do not remind me again... and it keeps popping up every hour. What is the problem? Help! I'm so tired of this problem.

Thanks

Top Student
anandkumar
Message 2 of 2 (1,600 Views)

Re: HP Registration Screen keeps popping up

Hi,

Here are few solutions to fix the issue regarding the Hp registration pop-up.

I had the exact same problem. It was so annoying that I figured out a way to disable it permanently. Since I haven't had that problem in a while, I forgot exactly what the process's name is. Use the task manager to find out the name of the process. (What I did was I opened at the task manager while the registration screen was active, then I closed the registration window and quickly switched back to the task manager to see what process terminated at the same time I closed the registration screen. Then I knew what its name was.) From there, the next time the screen pops up, open the task manager and right click that process' name and click "Open Containing Folder" (I'm not sure if thats the option's real name. Basically go to the folder where the application is located.) Then delete or move the application from its original location. That should be the end of that irritating problem.

(OR)

Go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Task Scheduler and delete the entry "Registration" under the Task Scheduler Library section.

If you are using vista, then try the following

1) Start --> search for "task scheduler" and open that
2) Open the task scheduler library on the left hand side of the window and search for the HP registration task (or something close to it). It should have a trigger like "every 15 minutes once triggered" or something equally annoying. Then, once you find it, just delete it and the problem will go away.
3) Also take your time there and figure out if there are any other annoying HP reminders in there and delete them if you want.

Hope this helps............

Thanks and regards

Anand.

HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation