Question

Student
Sourtop
Message 1 of 4 (1,366 Views)

HP dv7 notebook freezes when streaming video or playing games

Hello!

For the last few days my notebook has been freezing after 5-10 mins of streaming video or playing any kind of video game. I have had the notebook for a little over a year now and this is the first time this has happened. I have cleaned out the air vents and such as I thought it was overheating, but it still freezes even though its no where near hot enough to cause it to shut down. Anyone else experience this same problem?

Thanks

PhD Student
Knute
Message 2 of 4 (1,332 Views)

Re: HP dv7 notebook freezes when streaming video or playing games

Have you tried a check disk? Here's a guide from Microsoft to do that:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Check-your-hard-disk-for-errors

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name
  • If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly

• Honor Student
    iota2000
    Message 3 of 4 (1,071 Views)

I have a dm3t and the same thing happens to me.

Provost
    DavidPK
    Message 4 of 4 (1,052 Views)

Hi,

Have you tried the suggestion by Knute?

It also may be worth running diagnostics from the bios.  Tap away at f10 as you start the notebook to enter the bios menu.  Under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab, you should find the facility to run tests on the Hard Drive and Memory.  Run both tests and post back with the results.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
    ****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
    ****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation