HP pavilion dv7 4170ED fan cooling issue (1339 Views)
Student
Nicky199218
Message 1 of 3 (1,339 Views)

HP pavilion dv7 4170ED fan cooling issue

Hello,

Today i have downloaded the 6 new updates from windows.

I restart the notebook and i have a black screen. With the info Fan cooling error. Error 902 i think...

I restart the notebook 3 time's with this error. after this 3 time's, the error don't come again. I want to know what the problem is and a solution.

Sorry off my bad english, i'm a dutch boy...

Professor
Pankay
Message 2 of 3 (1,330 Views)

Re: HP pavilion dv7 4170ED fan cooling issue

Downloading and installing these drivers may fix the issue...

Chipset Driver

BIOS Update

||-Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.-||
//Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
Honor Student
hutchweb
Message 3 of 3 (1,178 Views)

Re: HP pavilion dv7 4170ED fan cooling issue

I bought a DV7 Pavilion in Feb. 2011 and just recently it has started to report Fan error 90B on initial start up.

At first I thought this was due to a software conflict and various upgrades later (including BIOS) I thought I had solved the problem. Now after 3 days of error free start-ups first thing in the morning I powered up only to be greeted with Fan error 90B.

I see the above mentions a chip set update in addition to a BIOS update I did not see anything like this on the PC BIOS support page. Can anyone confirm whether or not restricted air flow might cause this fault i.e.. a blocked vent?

I have on HP support instruction returned the PC to factory state and then carried out a series of OS and BIOS updates downloaded from HP support site relevant to my PC model. I use the machine heavily each day and reluctant to return for what appears to be a system check and reset back to factory state only to find on its return after 2/3 weeks the same problem appears.

Any meaningful help advice would be very much appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation