HP pavilion dv9700 locks up after it goes into sleep mode..Pressing pwr button does nothing - why? (429 Views)
Honor Student
jessicups
Message 1 of 4 (429 Views)

HP pavilion dv9700 locks up after it goes into sleep mode..Pressing pwr button does nothing - why?

After laptop goes in to sleep mode with both mains attached or not, on pressing the 'On' button it has no effect and it stays in sleep mode with the blue 'power' back-light  gently winking away. The laptop does not re-awaken with that or any other key-press. the only way to fix it seems to remove battery, dosconnect mains power the re-insert and i have to then start up Windows Vista (incl service pack 2) either in safe mode or normally - whichever i select. What do i need to do to fix this?

Professor
Pankay
Message 2 of 4 (415 Views)

Re: HP pavilion dv9700 locks up after it goes into sleep mode..Pressing pwr button does nothing - wh

Update...

BIOS

Chipset

and

Graphics Driver

||-Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.-||
//Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
Student
dv9700
Message 3 of 4 (304 Views)

Re: HP pavilion dv9700 locks up after it goes into sleep mode..Pressing pwr button does nothing - wh

I have the same problem.  The HP Update indicates everything is up to date.  Should I trust the HP Update feature?

Professor
Pankay
Message 4 of 4 (294 Views)

Update the drivers directly from HP website
||-Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.-||
//Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation