Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 6 1003tx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
My laptop crashed twice to thrice showing blue screen and saying windows was shut down to prevent damage. I was unable to start windows so i tried to restore to earlier point of windows, but same happened. Then I took data on external hard drive and tried to reatore factory settings using hp minimized recovery manager, still it did not work. I ran hp start up test it passed all tests including hard disk SMART check but failed hard disk SHORT DST.
Failure ID: GUE04M-64G7LS-XD7X0J-60T703
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Below shows the part number

Part # 683802-005 500GB SATA hard drive - 5,400 RPM, 2.5-inch form factor, 7mm height (raw drive)

Regards

Mahemac

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
, I am speaking for myself and not for HP and I am not an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi,

The below Failure ID refers to Hard Disk 1 Quick Test Failure. You have to replace the Hard disk drive and reinstall the OS on the new Hard disk drive to get the unit working.

Part Order from the below link

https://h20141.www2.hp.com/Hpparts/Default.aspx?mscssid=FA59F7C7DCAC4237B498C91D0507A761

Recovery disk Order

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07143

Regards

Mahemac

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
HP Recommended
Thanks for the help. But how can i find out the model number of my hard disk drive? If i want to order it online myself, i need to know which hard disk to order. Help please
HP Recommended

Hi,

Below shows the part number

Part # 683802-005 500GB SATA hard drive - 5,400 RPM, 2.5-inch form factor, 7mm height (raw drive)

Regards

Mahemac

HP Recommended
I see the price on hp store is very high as compared to what i can see on amazon and other online retailers and with more warranty as well. Can I buy it from there and install myself? Or i should visit hp care and confirm if i really need to change hdd??
HP Recommended
Are you sure that changing hdd is the only option and there is no chance that my current hdd can work?
I guess if i visit hp care they will ask me replace hdd and give me a very expensive quotation
HP Recommended

Hi,

The above failure ID refers to Hard disk drive failure, if you are not sure. Then you can connect this Hard disk drive to another laptop and then you can check if its working or not.

Other option is when you turn ON the notebook, start tapping F2 key repeatedly till it loads Diagnostic screen. Run a test on the Hard disk drive. If the test fails, then you have to replace the drive.  You can buy the Hard disk drive from any place but once you replace the Hard disk drive, you will need recovery disk to reinstall the OS which came with the unit.

Regards

Mahemac

HP Recommended
I have windows 7 installation disk but not hp recovery disk. So Will I be able to install windows through that disk?
What features I will miss if I dont use recovery disc to reinstall windows?
HP Recommended

Hi,

Few softwares like Cyberlink and the recovery partation which will not get created if you use a retail version of OS. But if you face any issues with drivers, then you can download it from the below link

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-ENVY-6-Notebook-PC-series/5260479/model/5264198#Z...

Regards

Mahemac

HP Recommended
My current hard disk's recovery partition is intact. But I cant start windows at all. Is there any way I can make recovery disk now using it?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.