Question

Student
badatthis
Message 1 of 2 (178 Views)

Help please - HP laptop with Windows 8 keeps freezing

I have no idea what I'm doing.  IE suddenly froze, so I ran Malwarebytes, which suddenly freezes at the same spot, office15\root\office 15\pubwiz and then something else (bizcard.dvb or something different each time.).  I figure I've got malware so I tried a system restore to a few weeks ago, and i'm stuck with "system restore is initializing."  I've tried to do malwarebytes scan and system restore in safe mode, to no avail.  I can't open IE, so I can't download hijack this.  Ugh!  The computer tells me that I can't enable Windows Defender, as well, for some reason.

Help!

HP Support Agent
BHK6
Message 2 of 2 (128 Views)

Re: Help please - HP laptop with Windows 8 keeps freezing

Hi badatthis,

Welcome to the HPCommunity, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see that you are having some malware problems. I would suggest that you try a Refreshing your Windows 8. If that doesn't work then you are looking at doing a full system recovery.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation