Holding down control key (10508 Views)
Student
MandyG
Message 1 of 5 (10,508 Views)

Holding down control key

Why does my HP Pavilion G6 laptop continually think I'm holding down the control key and what can I do about it?  Drive me crazy!!!

Associate Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 5 (10,503 Views)

Re: Holding down control key

Click Start, Control Panel, Mouse, Device Settings tab, settings button, disable Pinch Zoom.  This should solve the problem with Ctrl key.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to say thanks!***
Student
LindaOz2013
Message 3 of 5 (7,680 Views)

I have an HP Probook S-series and my computer is telling me I am holding down the ctrl key. I have tried to use the recommendation you gave about disabling Pinch Zoom but it doesn't give me that option. It takes me to Synaptics LuxPad buttons overview. Help!

Thanks!

Student
HPUser1954
Message 4 of 5 (5,266 Views)

I have a Pavilion G7-1279dx laptop and my CTRL key is acting like it is stuck on. It happens EVERY time I start this laptop and the only way I have found to fix it is to turn on the onscreen keyboard (which shows the CTRL key activated), move the keyboard on the screen, activate other keys and then click on the ctrl key on the on screen keyboard to shut it off. Disabling "pinch zoom" in the synaptics driver does NOTHING to resolve this problem on my computer. I had to replace the laptop because until now I had no way of even using it with the sticking control key. The on screen keyboard fix does work but it EXTREMELY annoying to have to go through this just to have a functioning laptop and as I said, I must do this EVERY time I turn it on for the computer to function properly. Can someone at HP please tell us why this is happeneing and what HP plans to do about it or are all of us just stuck?

Student
HimanshuB
Message 5 of 5 (3,200 Views)

Hi

My HPG6-1117TX  laptop both ctrl keys are not working from 4 months. I formate two times and update  all software also, I uninstall and reinstall driver but issue is still not fixed. Warrenty is already expired.

Himanshu

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation