Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My HP PAVILION dv4-2173nr Entertainment Notebook is stuck in "Safe Mode" and I can't get it back into "Normal Mode"

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Let the notebook start in Safe Mode.  Then hold down the Windows key and press R.  Into the Run Box type msconfig and hit enter.  In the System Configuration window, click the Boot tab and look to see if there is a tick in the box next to Safe boot - if there is, click the box to remove the tick and then click Apply to save the change.  Restart the notebook and see if Windows will boot normally.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I have an HP computer and its in safe mode, i dont know how to go back to normal mode, but when i check system configuration and go to the tab boot there isn't a check on safe mode. So I dont know what to do, Help!?

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue. I go into system configuration and into the boot tab then try to turn off safe mode but what comes up says "System Configuration cannot save the original boot configuration for later restoration. Boot changes will be reverted. The system cannot find the path specified." I'm not sure whats wrong with it but my audio wont work and everything is messed up ever since i got safe mode. Who can help me fix it?

HP Recommended
I can not get my hp laptop off safe mode..
HP Recommended
I can't do nothing to my computer
HP Recommended
I can't do nothing to my laptop mo window key and R doesn't respond at all
HP Recommended

Hey @5211

Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! I wanted to reach out to you and let you know I will do my absolute best to help!

In most cases, you can exit Safe Mode by restarting your computer. When you have entered Safe Mode using Command Prompt, restarting your computer does not exit Safe Mode. If your computer is stuck in Safe Mode, use the following steps in the Exiting Safe Mode section of the Safe Mode document to return to normal operation.

If you require further assistance, could you please provide me with your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?) and Which Windows Operating Systems you are running.

I would also need you to elaborate a little more on what happened to put you in Safe Mode rather than "normal" mode. 

Did you put your Notebook into Safe Mode via the Command Prompt?

Are you having an issue that you needed Safe Mode for?

Can you navigate the desktop on your Notebook in Safe Mode?

When you boot up the Notebook, does it give you an option to "Start Windows Normally"?

If you would like to say "Thanks" for my efforts, you can show your appreciation by clicking the 'Thumbs up'. 

If my post helped you resolve the issue, please don't forget to click the 'Accept as Solution' button. This will allow other's who have the same issue to find the solution also.

I hope this helps! 

Have a great day! Smiley Happy

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

That worked great for my laptop.tganks mate 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.