Question

Top Student
garychina
Message 1 of 5 (735 Views)
Accepted Solution

How long does it take to update the BIOS on a MIni 110?

So far, my computer has been running with the message "please do not power off or unplug your machine. Installing update 1 of 1" for more than 6 hours.  (It's still going!)  I'm currently in Shanghai, so taking the computer into a shop seems unlikely, but I need this machine.  (Fortunately, I can use a university computer for some things but not everything.)

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 2 of 5 (729 Views)

Re: How long does it take to update the BIOS on a MIni 110?

Are you referring to Windows update or BIOS update over here? Usually BIOS update takes 4-5mins and you have to ensure there is no power interruption so that process is completed succesfully. 

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Top Student
garychina
Message 3 of 5 (726 Views)

I am pretty sure it was a BIOS update.  It finally finished the update after almost 20 hours.

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 4 of 5 (717 Views)

I am amazed at not at time required for update to be completed :smileysurprised: but for your patience :smileyhappy:

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Student
radievee
Message 5 of 5 (568 Views)

Right now my hp mini is under upgrading bios, i am waiting for almost 2 hours and notning happened it totally shutdown what can i do?Help me Pls............

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation