Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My laptop is hp (dv6-7180se) and i want to clean the  Perforated cover that exists on beats audio speakers .. look the image :  

hp2.jpg

can i open it without open screws in back side?

please i need some details to eject it safely 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Fantastico,

I have read your post on how you are looking to clean the speaker-surface of your notebook computer, and I would be happy to assist you in this matter!

As indicated in the Maintenance and Service Guide for your notebook, the only way to remove the top cover where the speakers are located is to:

1. Turn the computer off
  2. Disconnect the power from the notebook by unplugging the power cord
  3. Disconnect the battery (see Battery on page 46), and then remove the following components:
  • Hard drive (see Hard drive on page 47)
  • Optical drive (see Optical drive on page 54)
  • Keyboard (see Keyboard on page 57)

Unfortunately, some screw removal will be necessary to eject the Top Cover and Speakers. The steps below should help to safely remove the Top Cover so as to clean underneath:

1. Remove the seven Phillips PM2.5×8.5 screws that secure the top cover to the computer

1.PNG

2. Remove the three Phillips PM2.5×5.5 screws that secure the top cover to the computer.

2.PNG

3. Remove the nine Phillips PM2.5×3.5 screws that secure the top cover to the computer.

3.PNG

4. Turn the computer right side up, with the front toward you.

5. Open the computer.

6. Release the corresponding ZIF connectors, and then disconnect the following cables from
the system board:

(1) Power button board cable

(2) TouchPad button board cable

(3) Fingerprint reader board cable

(4) Top speakers cable

4.PNG

7. Remove the three Phillips PM2.5×5.5 screws that secure the top cover to the computer.

5.PNG

8. Lift the rear edge of the top cover (1) until the left and right sides have disengaged from
the base enclosure.

9. Remove the top cover (2). Be careful not to damage the thin section of the base enclosure (3) around
the optical drive bay when removing the top cover.

6.PNG

10. Reverse this procedure to install the top cover once again.

reference: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03582006.pdf

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, and I look forward to your reply!

Regards 🙂

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Fantastico,

I have read your post on how you are looking to clean the speaker-surface of your notebook computer, and I would be happy to assist you in this matter!

As indicated in the Maintenance and Service Guide for your notebook, the only way to remove the top cover where the speakers are located is to:

1. Turn the computer off
  2. Disconnect the power from the notebook by unplugging the power cord
  3. Disconnect the battery (see Battery on page 46), and then remove the following components:
  • Hard drive (see Hard drive on page 47)
  • Optical drive (see Optical drive on page 54)
  • Keyboard (see Keyboard on page 57)

Unfortunately, some screw removal will be necessary to eject the Top Cover and Speakers. The steps below should help to safely remove the Top Cover so as to clean underneath:

1. Remove the seven Phillips PM2.5×8.5 screws that secure the top cover to the computer

1.PNG

2. Remove the three Phillips PM2.5×5.5 screws that secure the top cover to the computer.

2.PNG

3. Remove the nine Phillips PM2.5×3.5 screws that secure the top cover to the computer.

3.PNG

4. Turn the computer right side up, with the front toward you.

5. Open the computer.

6. Release the corresponding ZIF connectors, and then disconnect the following cables from
the system board:

(1) Power button board cable

(2) TouchPad button board cable

(3) Fingerprint reader board cable

(4) Top speakers cable

4.PNG

7. Remove the three Phillips PM2.5×5.5 screws that secure the top cover to the computer.

5.PNG

8. Lift the rear edge of the top cover (1) until the left and right sides have disengaged from
the base enclosure.

9. Remove the top cover (2). Be careful not to damage the thin section of the base enclosure (3) around
the optical drive bay when removing the top cover.

6.PNG

10. Reverse this procedure to install the top cover once again.

reference: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03582006.pdf

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, and I look forward to your reply!

Regards 🙂

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I thank you for help !

I tried to open my PC with cataloge you gave me and i succeeded in the try . But i faced some annoying problems like keyboard openning and the cover of speakers .

Keyboard openning was very very difficult and i was imminent of break it , also the uper plastic cover of keyboard stripped and can't return .

ِAnd i want to complain from a perforated section that is very thin and it's nippers breaked one after one with all caution .

no other problems ! Thanks! .  🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.