Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

You may have get a 'BIOS Application Error 501' error message if using not HP Preload image and press INFO button when starting unit.
The HP BIOS application selected is corrupt or missing. Please install the application and try again.

BIOS Application Error (501)

Enter - Continue

Details
This error is the result of using the INFO button launch HP EFI Application and if not using HP Preload image, the operating system cannot find the EFI partition.

What is EFI ?
EFI is a set modular interfaces that replaced the set of traditional BIOS interfaces between the OS and platform firmware.
The EFI partition is viewable on HP Preload image and HDD and is labeled as HP_TOOLS.
The EFI partition and HP EFI application are not required for the basic operation of HP Notebook, however, if partition is missing, EFI feature is not available.

Read mode on EFI Features on the "HP Business Notebook Computer - EFI Guidelines" that are downloadable on the www.hp.com

EFI Guidelines (116.5KB, PDF) HP Business Notebook Computer
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01564727/c01564727.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USE...

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

The HP BIOS application selected is corrupt or missing. Please install the application and try again... BIOS application error 501... please help me out in this... 

HP Recommended

i'm sorry but am i to do system recovery to reinstall hp quickweb if i'm gettting HP APPLICATION BIOS ERROR 501???????????  i don't know what i did to make hp quickweb corrupt or go missing but am just dying to know if i'm simply gonna have to do system recovery all over again???????  can you please or for that matter anyone help me out please.  thank you.  

HP Recommended

i'm sorry but am i to do system recovery to reinstall hp quickweb if i'm gettting HP APPLICATION BIOS ERROR 501???????????  i don't know what i did to make hp quickweb corrupt or go missing but am just dying to know if i'm simply gonna have to do system recovery all over again???????  can you please or for that matter anyone help me out please.  thank you.  

HP Recommended

How to fix a BIOS Error 501?

HP Recommended

HI emyas:

Thank you for your query:  I am happy to assist you!

I understand that your are getting the  BIOS Error 501. I believe the rest of the error message, is about a corrupt or missing bios applications.  I am sending you a link to HP Bios Application Selected is Corrupt or Missing  click here. Please let me know if this has helped.

If you require further assistance would you provide the model of your computer, the operating system you are running, and what you were trying to do, when you received the error.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

This is what I did.

I removed the fan and clean it carefully. I did this because I noticed that the temperature around this area was very high. It was the first step I decided to take to resolve this problem. My laptop was restarted all the time. So the bug disappeared.

I hope this can help. It worked for me.

HP Recommended

You link to a pdf file but the link is an html file the redirect goes offsite and seems to be an invitation to play a lottery.

For all I know and although I don't think it you may be offering malware such as hard drive exploits and ransom ware.

If so how much to get my files back?

Or should I continue looking for the solution here?

HP Recommended

pls remove the error

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.