Question

Top Student
Alex1990
Message 1 of 7 (4,338 Views)

Hp 2000 won't turn on!?

So, I have an hp 2000 that won't turn on.

When I press the power button the power light comes on for about 30 seconds and then nothing. (no fans, no beeps, no screens or messages, no loading of anything.)

I've tried running the laptop on Ac alone, battery vice versa. So all I know is it isn't the battery.  Problem is I can't do anything with it.  It's 2 years old I think,  bought at walmart, all there is for service tag info is that it runs "windows 7 home premium."

Please help an idiot,

Thanks

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 2 of 7 (4,309 Views)

Hp 2000 won't turn on!?

Could you please give me the exact model number of your notebook?

You can use the following document if you need assistance in finding it.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
Alex1990
Message 3 of 7 (4,305 Views)

Re: Hp 2000 won't turn on!?

The model number is  2000-369WM

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 4 of 7 (4,294 Views)

Hp 2000 won't turn on!?

I would recommend performing the troubleshooting steps in the following document.

Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
joevonyhue
Message 5 of 7 (3,270 Views)

Hello. I have a HP notebook 2000 Pc. The laptop is on and working but the screen is very dark and I've only had it for 2 months. I was watching a movie and it just went dark. Please help me. Model# 2000-2b19wm
HP Support Agent
Lil_Lisa27
Message 6 of 7 (3,085 Views)

Hey joevonyhue,

With the display on your notebook being completely dark, I have included the document 'Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot'. Please follow through the steps in order, and let me know the outcome of the troubleshooting steps.

When you do start the computer, is the screen completely black? Are there any error messages? Does the computer make a beeping noise? If so, how many beeps? Do any lights flash? If so, what lights and how many times?

Thank you.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Lil_Lisa27
I work on behalf of HP
Student
dillpicklesnan
Message 7 of 7 (1,721 Views)

My hp notebook 2000 has a black screen. It's charged but when I turn it on the screen is dark purple and then goes to black screen. No matter what I do can't get it to come on. Only had this thin for a year and it has Windows 8 on it.

PLEASE help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation