Re: Hp Pavilion dv7-1245dx Touchpad not working (1016 Views)
Student
KillerCactus
Message 1 of 2 (1,028 Views)

Hp Pavilion dv7-1245dx Touchpad not working

I have an HP Pavilion dv7-1245dx running Windows Vista, and recently I became bored, so I decided to get around to the updates that the control panel told me to do. When I restarted the computer, the touchpad stopped working. I tried moving it around, but nothing happened. Everything else worked other than that, though. I tried restarting, disabling th mouse, pulling the battery out, and using a seperate mouse, and none of them worked. The seperate mouse has a light on the wireless stick to say that it's working, but it only flickers on for a second or so, when it should stay on. It works on a different computer, though.

I can't take it to a repair shop, because right now I have an embarrassing  wallpaper that I don't want to let anyone see. Also, the screws are rusted/molded over, so I can't open the computerto see the hardware. I've had the computer for 5+ years now, so it might just be old.

If you have any suggestions, please tell me!

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 2 (1,016 Views)

Re: Hp Pavilion dv7-1245dx Touchpad not working

Hi:

I guess you can always try installing the touchpad driver directly from Synaptics.

http://www.synaptics.com/resources/drivers

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation