09-12-2010 10:49 PM
My 1 month old dv6 3043tx freezes up very often while playing music and then a blue screen appears and the lap restarts.
Also the lap is very sluggy while running all applications.I have scanned the hard drive for viruses using norton and found nothing.Is this a windows problem or a hardware problem?Help appreciated!!!
09-12-2010 11:51 PM
If i were you, i'll check the hard drive first. Hold down f10 as the computer starts. Go to diagnostic and run primary hard disk self test. Post back to report on what you got.
09-14-2010 04:45 AM
The issue might be due to many reasons. You may even face this problem when you are running your laptop continously for long hours.
Visit the below link for more information on how to troubleshoot the issue:
07-01-2011 01:41 AM
You can try booting the computer into safe mode and check if you are able to boot, here are the steps:
1. Restart your computer if it is powered on.
2. Tap the F8 key after your computer initially powers on.
3. Once you see the Advanced Boot Options menu you can stop tapping.
4. Use the up/down arrow keys to highlight your selection.
5. Select Safe Mode and press Enter.
6. You should see drivers loading, and then please wait.
7. You should then be at the Welcome Screen.
8. Logon to your computer using an account with Administrator privileges.
If you are able to boot the computer in safe mode, then try system restore from safe mode .
Get more help to fix Hp Laptop Blue Screen error . Hope this helps you.