Hp pavilion dv6 overheating really quickly. (44298 Views)
Master's Graduate
SSDdrive
Message 11 of 85 (16,609 Views)

Re: Hp pavilion dv6 overheating really quickly.

[ Edited ]

Hello,

If your laptop has the first generation i7quadcore, it's special and you can update to beastly drivers! These updates will help with the high temps! Please follow the link below and complete the procedures! And follow instructions!

HD 5650 has new Catalyst Control Center 12.3 with 8.95 drivers!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/HD-5650-has-new-Catalyst-Control-Center-... 

This is not just for the hd 5650.

If it were a rattler. . . .

Master's Graduate
SSDdrive
Message 12 of 85 (16,592 Views)

[ Edited ]

Please read the above posting!

If it were a rattler

MKN Top Student
Top Student
MKN
Message 13 of 85 (16,348 Views)

^^^^^

nice try buddy, still doesnt fix the fact that the laptop still runs overbearingly hot.
Student
ilea
Message 14 of 85 (16,247 Views)

Hy!

I have a dv6 2142 ee and it gets hot only when i play some games...otherwise its fine and works excelent. at what intervals should i go and have it checked out?

Student
abarnybox
Message 15 of 85 (16,186 Views)

Hi,

Like all the other people posting in this thread the thing overheats veeery quickly. And its not like its because i'm using it in bed or anything (though I had a toshiba previously and even when it was on my bed it was fine...) even when its on my desk it overheats and turns off...I have to have the bottom part (where the air for the fan comes in) raised up or hanging over the edge of a lip for it to keep the laptop cool enough that it doesn't turn off. Its been like this from the day I got it.

Its annoying because other than the overheating its a good laptop...so i'm not saying I won't go Hp again...but I will be more carefull when buying laptops to make sure they have a decent cooling system o_O

although considering it has the i7 (which I think is the latest?) processor its not surprising its got cheap components with it, only cost me 750 new...

I'm thinking of going Dell tbh...I've always found them to be very reliable and most of my friends do too, possibly alienware if I can save up enough money. 

Student
Sherm629
Message 16 of 85 (15,621 Views)

Gear_Head.JPG 

I bought a dv6-2157us with an AMD Turion processor in it just about 2 years ago. It runs so hot I cannot put it on my lap. Nothing seems to cool it down. Just last week my hard drive failed and I have to assume it was due to the heat. It is very frustrating that HP says there is no problem with overheating in this machine even though there is. Now I am not sure if I want to invest in a new hard drive and continue to put up with this machine or just swallow hard and replace it. I bought an Acer with a Turion processor in it around the same time and it runs like a charm. Frankly, I would have expected the Acer to fail before the HP.

Student
sourav55
Message 17 of 85 (15,107 Views)

I Got the HP DV6 6165TX (MAR 2012) (CORE I7 WITH 2GB ATI GRAPHICS). So there is a chance of extreme heating ,Offcourse. I play all the new graphics demanding games like BattleField 3,METRO 2033, Crysis,Call of duty MW3,Medal of honor dice, and many more quite easily on this.

BUT TEMPERATURE used to reach 98C on CPU and motherboard and 80C in graphics card .GUYS DON'T WORRY. So I went to the power option and there U will see there is maximum and minimum processor state under PROCESSOR POWER MANAGEMENT.Change Minimum to 15% and maximum to 45%.

THEN YOU SEE ALL HEAT IS GONE. CHEERS 

MKN Top Student
Top Student
MKN
Message 18 of 85 (15,104 Views)

^^^ this makes absolutly no sense.

Student
mumble13322
Message 19 of 85 (14,742 Views)

I just use mine for chrome skype and minecraft but t gets hotter by the minute :smileysad:

Tutor
garebo
Message 20 of 85 (14,727 Views)

This is a real shame because the overheating on the dv9000 (and other hp laptops)) is so prevalent that a lot of people are warning each other not to buy them. I know that i am. I dont own one but i sure dont want my friends to get cheated. And cheated they will be because it appears that HP is doing NOTHING about this issue. HP's customers are stuck with a bad product. thats what makes is so bad, the fact HP does nothing. I know i will never buy an HP laptop thats for sure. And i cant be the only one.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation