Hp pavilion screen not turning on? (109 Views)
Top Student
MelissaWrightt
Message 1 of 1 (109 Views)

Hp pavilion screen not turning on?

I have a Hp Pavilion dv4 2145dx

Everything was fine one night, and I shut it down and unplugged the AC adapter. The next day, I plugged it in, turned it on. I heard it booting and the lights were going on as if it were turning on regularly but there was nothing on the screen, it was just completely black, no lights or anything.

I looked on the keyboard and the lights next to Caps Lock and Scroll (Num Lock) were flashing every 2-3 Seconds.

I researched the dilemma to see if there were similar cases which have been resolved, so following one of them, I plugged in an external montior to see if the main components were working and as I plugged it in the screen turned on! So I knew that the screen wasn't "fried" from overheating or anything of that sort. Everything was fine again, then I guess the AC adapter got lose, so the battery went down and shut the computer off. I plugged it back in and the same problem occured, so I tried plugging the external monitor in once again and this time nothing happened, the external monitor didn't even detect the laptop anymore. The powerlight on the external monitor that would normally be green if plugged in and working had turned yellow, however when I would unplug the laptop the external monitor would say NO SIGNAL, but when I plugged it back in, nothing would be on the screen and the light would turn yellow again.

I tried removing the battery and AC Adapter and held down the power button for 30-60 seconds to do a power reset and nothing worked.

My warranty expired so I can't get the help I want and I'm out of cash so please help me, thank you so much.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation