Question

Honor Student
brij1185
Message 1 of 6 (6,173 Views)

Hp probook 4520s is not starting blank screen

Hi,

my hp probook 4520s is not starting. After i press start button i got hp logo and after that blank screen with a blinking cursor. when i run startup test it shows Error: Read failureError: Read failure. I also visited tech center page there is no help there. Please provide a solution as soon as possible

Professor
Pankay
Message 2 of 6 (6,170 Views)

Re: Hp probook 4520s is not starting blank screen

Run the Following test

1. Shut down the computer if it is running.
  2. Press the power button to turn on the computer.
  3. Press f10 when the HP/Compaq logo displays.
  4. After the BIOS Setup Utility displays, use the Right Arrow key to select the Diagnostics menu.
  5. Select HDD Self-Test options.
  6. Press enter to display a list of HDD/Self-Test options.
  7. Select Notebook Hard Drive and then press f10 to display an Estimated test time.
  8. Press f10 to continue. The Hard Drive Self Test executes a Quick test, a Comprehensive test, and a SMART test.
||-Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.-||
//Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
Honor Student
brij1185
Message 3 of 6 (6,168 Views)

It is showing Error : Read failureError: Read failure. I am  worried :smileysad:

Professor
Pankay
Message 4 of 6 (6,158 Views)

turn on the computer and immediately press the esc key to display the Startup Menu, and then press the F2 key.

The System Diagnostics window allows you to run several diagnostic tests. Each test determines if the hardware is functioning properly, and displays an error message and a warranty ID if there is a hardware failure.
||-Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.-||

||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
Honor Student
brij1185
Message 5 of 6 (6,148 Views)

In startup test

memory check is successful

Test 1 (Quick) fails with error message Read failureError: Read failure

In run In test 

it also failed at same point as mentioned above with same message

Harddisk test

Failed at same point with same message

Professor
Pankay
Message 6 of 6 (6,147 Views)

Hard Drive failed.. needs to be replaced...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation