Question

Intern
DeMartMan
Message 1 of 6 (479 Views)
Accepted Solution

I will NEVER buy another HP product again, that is until they bring back all operations to America!

I wanted my next computer to be from HP because I knew people who worked at the plant in Vancouver, Washington.  I never stop to think that they had ship all their manufacturing out of America.  I ordered my PC and Laptop online with extended warranty.  I cannot tell you how disappointed I have been!  I thought that by ordering it online I was getting built just the way I needed, maybe they did what I asked, but I have no way to know.  I do know this that my PC is only a couple years old and this is the second time I have had to get it serviced.  This time I had to spend an hour talking to some guy in India.  Now, I am not prejudice at all, but I feel if a company is going to do business in America, they should have technical help that can speak clearly the language of the American people.  Even though this man was professionally polite, it was a nightmare trying to understand him.  This is just not good costume service!  The problem is that my PC froze up and I did diagnose scan of it, it said that the S.M.A.R.T. test failed with a code of 303.  What this man said was that it was a soft-ware issue that wasn't covered in the extended warranty.  The short of it all is that I could pay a thousand dollars for a new computer (definitely not a HP) or I could pay $300 to get it service and protected soft-ware for the next year.  I feel like I have been screwed over, but the worst is that being, that it was so hard to understand this guy, I don't know if the screw over is just a bi-product of bad communication.  Like I said, I am not prejudice, but this guys bad Indian accent is still ringing in my head and the worst of it is that he was really trying to do a good job.  Why can't we go back to real American Companies?  I hope that my next computer will be made in the USA and all that company's employees will be Americans, I would be willing to pay twice the amount to get that.  Sorry HP, but I gave you a chance and unless you are willing to give me a new PC and Laptop built from scrap here in the USA by Americans, I don't think that we will be doing much more business in the future.

A Very Disappointed Costumer

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 6 (471 Views)

Re: I will NEVER buy another HP product again, that is until they bring back all operations to Ameri

Sorry to hear about the difficult customer service experience-I can relate. I also disagree with his diagnosis of the failure code you are getting. Normally that code & the symptoms you have means failure of the hard drive-which is covered under warranty.

I will try to get some attention to your issue. Since it is a weekend it may be Monday but someone should contact you via PM here at the forum.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
PhD Student
IT_WinSec
Message 3 of 6 (450 Views)

Re: I will NEVER buy another HP product again, that is until they bring back all operations to Ameri

[ Edited ]

Hello DeMartMan,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.

I am really sorry for the bad experience you had.

Please, note that I have contacted the appropriate people and you may be contacted here in private in the following days.

Best wishes,
IT_WinSec
Support Engineer | HP Enterprise Services
Although I am HP employee, I express my personal opinion.
Intern
DeMartMan
Message 4 of 6 (446 Views)

Thank you two, for some reason I was not able to post a reply while using FireFox, but am able on IE.  Both of the replies have gone a long way to making me feel better.  I hope what we will find out next week will allow me to delete the NEVER from the subject above.  Thanks again to both of you.

Marty

Retired
Russel-E
Message 5 of 6 (433 Views)

Hi @DeMartMan ,

I have sent you issue to be escalated and do check your private message when a HP employee reaches out to you.

Best,

Russ

I worked for HP.
Provost
CherylG
Message 6 of 6 (350 Views)

Thanks @Russel-E . DeMartMan has reported success with his problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/HP-has-Restored-my-Satisfaction-with-the...

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation