Intermittent keyboard problem in hp pavilion g4-2012tx (red) when plugging in USB devices (393 Views)
Top Student
akosipapadeck
Message 1 of 5 (393 Views)

Intermittent keyboard problem in hp pavilion g4-2012tx (red) when plugging in USB devices

Can you help me solve this problem? Everytime I plugged in any usb device on my USB 2.0 port, after 30mins - 60mins my notebooks keys "m,n and CAPSLOCK" is not responsive. It seems that its intermittently working.

Pls. help me thanks :smileyhappy:

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 2 of 5 (360 Views)

Re: Intermittent keyboard problem in hp pavilion g4-2012tx (red) when plugging in USB devices

[ Edited ]

Hello akosipapadeck.  I understand you're having some trouble with some of your keyboard's keys.

Has this problem always occurred?

Yous should begin by removing your keyboard's driver and allowing Windows to reinstall the device.  Try the following.

1. Navigate to your Device Manager.
  2. Expand the "Keyboards" section.
  3. Right click on your keyboard and select Uninstall.
  4. Once the uninstall has completed you should reboot the notebook.
  5. Windows will attempt to automatically install the driver upon boot
  6. Then verify whether the problem persists and post the result.

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.  I hope you have a great afternoon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

I work for HP.
Top Student
akosipapadeck
Message 3 of 5 (349 Views)

Re: Intermittent keyboard problem in hp pavilion g4-2012tx (red) when plugging in USB devices

Thanks for your reply sir!! I have done steps 1-6 respectively, but the problem still occurs.

After the problem occurs, the keys will then respond for an hour and then intermittent again.
Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 4 of 5 (319 Views)

Hello again akosipapadeck.

Have you ensured that you have the latest BIOS update installed?

Here is a direct link.

Let me know the result.  Have a great day.  :smileyhappy:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

I work for HP.
Top Student
akosipapadeck
Message 5 of 5 (309 Views)

Thank you sir for helping, let me try this one. I'm just using my notebook during weekends only, sorry for the late response.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation