Re: Keyboard and Touchpad unresponsive on Pavilion dm1-4108au Entertainment Notebook PC (919 Views)
Honor Student
Rpag
Message 1 of 6 (1,523 Views)

Keyboard and Touchpad unresponsive on Pavilion dm1-4108au Entertainment Notebook PC

The inbuilt keyboard and touchpad of my Pavilion dm1-4108au Entertainment Notebook PC become unresponsive after a mere 10mins of usage time. I only purchased this product 6 months ago. The whole pc is not frozen, as the problem has once occurred during a skype conversation where the video and sound proceeded to run as per normal however the keyboard and touchpad were completly unresponsive. I have tried to restart the pc by holding down the power button (this is the only working button), but occasionally on restart the problem has not gone away so therefore I cannot even move past the login page. The area near the fan is also quite hot to touch.

I contacted customer support who told me to press F10 during startup to enter the setup utility screen and perform a Primary Hard Disk Self Test. This took 2 hours to run, during which the keyboard and touchpad became unresponsive again. The final message stated 'Hard Disk Test Passed' but I cannot move past this screen because I have no way of selecting 'ok'. I do not have a usb keyboard or any other accessories other than a laptop bag because I expect that the inbuild components would last the lifetime of the product.

The operating system is Windows 7, I haven't made any recent chages to the system. 

Student
fuzzymonkey
Message 2 of 6 (1,432 Views)

Re: Keyboard and Touchpad unresponsive on Pavilion dm1-4108au Entertainment Notebook PC

I have the same model laptop and the same problem. Keyboard and Touchpad can become unresponsive after 5 minutes or a few days. I think it's a hardware problem since it happen wether i'm running Win7, Kubuntu or just sititng in the BIOS screen. Tomorrow I'm going to see if I can get it replaced or return it.

Intern
nikkil1
Message 3 of 6 (1,429 Views)

Re: Keyboard and Touchpad unresponsive on Pavilion dm1-4108au Entertainment Notebook PC

To make sure that the issue properly isolated, run a system recovery and see how it goes. 

Student
lvds1969
Message 4 of 6 (1,303 Views)

daughter has the same problem.

Use an external mouse and the problem doesn't happen so much any more.

I also called HP and the said not to power up the battery when the computer is on.

But that wasn't the sollution.

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 5 of 6 (1,252 Views)

Keyboard and Touchpad unresponsive on Pavilion dm1-4108au Entertainment Notebook PC

I would also recommend re-loading the drivers. Go into device manager and uninstall the associated driver. Once you have uninstalled it, go to the toolbar in device manager and select "Scan for hardware changes". After it completes, reboot the notebook and see if the issue continues.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Student
Hpbuster25
Message 6 of 6 (919 Views)

No one here in forum solved the problem.. the problem is in HP ever HPexpert cant excact tell the problem.. the problem is your board when it gets hot keyboard and mouse fail... even you reformat 100x cant resolve

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation