Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

First of all, this is my colleague's laptop and he said that he left it alone for a while and when he came back it was more or less dead.  The external monitor (VGA/HDMI) didn't work either.  It's like the hard drive just stops at bootup.  but, I have an update...  I turned it on and left it alone for about three hours because, although there was no picture on the screen, the HDD light would blink once/minute or so.  All of a sudden, the display came up and I was at the Windows logon screen.  I backed everything up and it seems to be working okay thus far.  Tested a few reboots successfully.  Strange that it just reappeared and there's nothing in the event viewer and a checkdisk showed no problems.  Either way, that laptop looked as though a little kid was playing on it - and I mean playing on it because it looked pretty beat up.  Anyways, it's now working by unknown forces (unless HP can explain what happened in the dark background) and I have purchased the employee a new EliteBook.  Thanks for your response.:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

The problem is due to u'r ac adapter .... plz change it otherwise u'r mother board wil short..:smiley lol:

HP Recommended
I am working with HP pavilion dv2000 special edition notebook,
My battery is so poor ,runs only on plugged power .it retains only for couple of minutes on battery, problem is my laptop freezes at windows start screen when power cable is plugged.but if run with unplugged i .e.,on battery its OK it start and lasts for couple of minutes, as per capacity of battery

I request all my friends ,kindly do reply with good solution. what may be prob???
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.