Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Re Laptop Wont Boot Caps Lock Button Light Blinking

HP Recommended

Laptop Won't Boot Caps Lock Button Light Blinking, tried a brand new ram but still no hope 

HP Recommended

We were having the same problem this morning when we ran across this post. I followed the instrucitons in the link above and found that just using a can of air on the exaust ports fixed the problem. Thank you for your help!

HP Recommended

Hi

I got the same problem with Caps Lock and Scroll Lock Blinking and the screen is black.

Ususally I 'll keep the laptop inside the bag/Cupboard, but last time I kept outside and my guess was the dust should have gone inside.

Based on a post I read, I did the below.

Removed the Battery and the drive. Just tapped under the laptop and blowed air just to remove the dust which got jammed. Inserted the drive, connected the charger and switched On without the battery. It got worked finally then I inserted the Battery. The fan should be jammed by means of dust.

Hope this should work for you too.

Thanks

Afzal

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. I don't hear any noise. Just the caps blinking, power light on and the wireless light is on. Windows won't load. It is a black screen. It's like it is sleeping. It comes on once in a while, not often. When it comes on it works great! Then, when I turn it off it won't load back up. Thanks for any suggestions. I am going to try some of these things I found posted. I took it to the shop but they say it is the motherboard but didn't have anyway to check it. Go figure!!

HP Recommended

You can use the following document to determine what is wrong with your notebook using the blink code. 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05336130 (Link Updated 04/26/2017)

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

My laptop HP pavilion Dv6 - 7132TX had a problem of blank screen and caps lock key blinking.

I bought the laptop on 28th Apr 2012 and just before completing a year, I was facing a problem of computer inadvertently not booting. It used to show black screen with wifi LED red, power button LED glowing, and caps lock key LED blinking.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443366

On going to the above link, I tried to notice the number of blinks of caps lock key  LED.

Found that the blink count was an endless loop of 2 LED blinks.

On checking in the above link, found that 2 blinks meant the problem was BIOS corruption failure.

LEDs blink 2 times BIOS

BIOS corruption failure

(as found in the table in the above link)

So I went on and found another link to find the BIOS upgrade on the same page , where it read, Step 3: Find and download BIOS updates

Then followed to the link: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?swlinkmsg=100&cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c00042629&lc... to download the driver.

Downloaded the BIOS latest driver and installed it. It gave the same problem while restarting the laptop which was required to complete the bios installation.

Link for the BIOS installation: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54629.exe

However after several force shutdowns and reboots (since in my laptop the blank screen during bootup was inadvertent and random..) the installation could proceed and complete.

After that voila.. Problem gone Smiley Happy

Hopefully it stays that way.

Now next task on my mind is to fix the sleeping problem of my PC and the noise problem of the speakers.

1.Laptop does not sleep and goes into freeze mode with LEDS glowing and screen black.

2.While the laptop speakers are on, they constantly make some background noise as if the speakers have a loose connection. However I got a clue that the problem is not with the connections but with the frequencies mismatch. Inherent problem of laptop architecture I suppose. However still wish to hear sounds clearly on my laptop.

Had a good experience with HP with my earlier laptop from HP. However now things are changing I guess.

Feel good that I could at least troubleshoot and save money. [Even gas is Rs. 84 per litre.] and more importantly time since I was working when I saw this problem and did not want to keep laptop powered on All the time just to avoid restart Smiley Very Happy .

HP Recommended

Thank u so much for the infomation. I went to the HP website and updated the BIOS. The computer came on and I had everkything re-installed. I had no ideal that we had to update the BIOS. Hard lession learned. Long story short. After that my computer worked. So far so good. I also sat it on a fan and left it on for four days. I bought a battery and power cord with more power so I'm hoping this will keep it going. I am a happy camper with it now, cuz I can finally turn it off and on. Your informaiton is very helpful to me and others. Thank u so much for taking out the time to share. Hugs.

HP Recommended
If u have a just purchased it take it back and replace it. Also, I had the same problem after a year and I had to update the BIOS. from the HP website. Do u get a black screen? Is anything on your screen at all? HP's website tells u what the blinking lights mean. Hope u get it fixed. I understand as the rest of us do about these computers.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion dv5, the screen is black and does nt boot bt d capslock is blinking nd d fan ir running fine..what is d problem.....?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.