Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
my hp laptop wont boot and the caps lock keeps flashing
HP Recommended

Hello walexyman,

You’re having a problem with the laptop not booting.

The flashing caps lock tells that there is something wrong with the computer and will usually indicate what the problem is.

Here is a https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05336130 (Link Updated 04/26/2017) to a list of blink codes that should be able to tell us the problem.

Compare your blinks to the list and post your results.

Let me know what happens.

HP Recommended
I've tried removing battery and power to laptop but neither have been successful.
HP Recommended

Hello Glamgran,

Are you having the same problem as the original post with the blinking caps lock?

If so, you might try my post from above to see if you can figure what is causing the problem.

Let me know how everything goes.

Have a good day.

HP Recommended
My HP pavilion 2000 won't turn on. It boots up but the screen stays blank. All lights and fan come on but no screen. I tried taking out the battery and holding the power button to drain excess power, but that didn't work. This is the second time it's done this. My caps lock flashes twice, any ideas on what that means? Or any ideas on how I can fix this problem?
HP Recommended

Rugbyman,

You’re having a problem with the laptop not booting.

The flashing caps lock tells that there is something wrong with the computer and will usually indicate what the problem is.

Here is a link to a list of blink codes that should be able to tell us the problem.

Compare your blinks to the list and post your results.

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Have a good day.

HP Recommended
I have dv7 1128ca and it will not boot too. Caps and num lock led blinking non stop but one blink only. Thanks
HP Recommended

Jon3sh,

You’re having a problem with the CPU.

This https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05336130 (Link Updated 04/26/2017) will help you trouble shoot the problem.

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Have a good day.

HP Recommended

I just got a Pavilion from a friend with those symptoms (flashing caps/num locks and no image). As she was mostly worried about losing the pics and vids of her four year old twins, first thing I did was get out the HD in order to check it. The underside and up one side were covered with a sweetish smelling goo. So I think what failed here were the parents, to keep the nb far from the kids.

I'll check the ventilation but will probably need to take it apart to see what else was gooed. Reminds me of Ghostbusters..

HP Recommended

The link you posted isn't a generic bios upgrade, so it wouldn't work on my laptop.  But I went to my hp support assistant and it upgraded the bios.  Crossing my fingers!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.