Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP G62-347NR
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP G62-347NR Laptop Won't Boot. Caps Lock Button Light
Blinking and wireless button F12 is orange(amber). OS
Windows-7. Please help me

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Dasgupta_kly

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I saw your post regarding the laptop not booting up. Start with a Hard Reset.  Do you notice if the Num or Caps Lock lights are blinking? If so how many times? This blink code will help indicate what is failing. In that link there are two blink codes that indicate a problem with the BIOS. If you get either of those try Restoring the BIOS. If that doesn't work or you get one of the other blink codes then I recommend you call HP. You can reach HP Total Care at 1-800-474-6836 in North America or start here if you live outside of North America.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I just posted this same problem with my Cq62-209wm. I don't believe it is the video chip because I bought a new board replaced the old board and it still does the same thing.

HP Recommended
How much would it cost to replace the keyboard.
HP Recommended

Monique,

A new  replacement keyboard can be purchased on Ebay for $10 and up. These will not be HP OEM keyboards but will work just as good and last just as long. Do you have a friend who is a computer nerd? If so they should be able to replace it for you. It isn't hard to do just a little bit daunting if you have never messed with a computer before. There are numerous videos on You Tube that can show you how to do it. If you search replacing the keyboard on a XX-XXXX more than likely one for you machine will pop up. Replace the Xs with your brand name and model number.

Ralph

HP Recommended

It wasn't the video chip. The HP page link showed the blink codes and after reading it the problem was solved using the guide to force it into resetiing the Bios. 

HP Recommended

Hi Guys,

Just had this problem on a customers CQ45 laptop.

Resolved by removing and replacing the memory all working now.

Regards

HP Recommended

(TL:DR at the bottom)

Ok yeah, so I was going to move my wireless card out and blow on it and put it back in like with those old game cartridges. In the process I took out my RAM and when I went to put the RAM back,  

it pushed it in until it was as far as it could go. Then I got the blink message. So I’m here wonder what happened because I’ve gone as far as taking out the motherboard and here I’ve just taken out some RAM. So, after a lot of scrambling, I took out the RAM and just gently pushed it in and click. That’s all it took!

TL;DR

TRy reseating the RAM or any other components you may have messed with.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.