Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@Mathias1 wrote:

Okay, so if I can't get the computer to boot up, how am I supposed to go the site and update the BIOS? That makes no sense to me at all! What am I missing?? Please help - this is for my son's birthday computer that I bought him less than a year ago. Such a shame!

@Mathias1 - remove the laptop battery, open up the panel on the back of your laptop that exposes the motherboard & memory etc, pop out the CMOS battery THEN press the power button. Your laptop should then boot however you will get a CMOS error but you click a button to get past it and it should then boot into Windows.

For safety, shutdown windows and turnoff your laptop, replace the CMOS battery, back panel, and put the laptop battery back in and you should be back in business.

I hope this solution works for you also.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the kudos mdj19 - glad the solution worked for you.

HP Recommended
I have my hp pavilion lappy
My laplop is not starting few days ago but when i saw a trick on tomsguide.com that they said that just press the power key then press f8 key. I done like that. it helped me and my lappy was opened for just few minutes and then its dark and capslock light is blinking...
So tell me what should i do
Plzzzzz
HP Recommended
I have hp pavilion
Few days ago
I opened laptop and i saw that screen is dark and capslock is blinking. I saw the solution on internet that i removed battery nd hold power key for 2min then i fixed battery and opened laptop and immediately press f8 key continuously. My laptop opened for a minutes then automatically dark...
So what to do
Plz help me
HP Recommended
Need help
HP Recommended

(removed content)

HP Recommended

HP Recommended
my capslock blinks F12 is amber what is the problem
HP Recommended
i have the same problem i and a friend of nine tried to fix it but said that my laptop needs new motherboard.. i have Hp pavillion touchscreen .. please help me bcause i cant afford a new motherboard
HP Recommended

Which error code is this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm4E6zWFrCg

EDIT: it means the discrete video card needs to be reballed due to poor thermal design.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.