Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi ColKan66725,

I understand you are having issue with the computer booting up. What happens with the F2  System Diagnostics? 

What happens if you try F11 for System Recovery?

Let me know.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

F2 diagnostics works, i have ran every test i can and everything checks out fine.

F11 is recognized as being pressed and says entering system recovery but then screen goes blank and i get the cap flash, three steady, pause, then repeat.

HP Recommended
When this happens with my Pavillion g6 I just take out the battery when it's on and blinking and then put the battery back in, hit the power button an it's good as new again.
HP Recommended

hey thx i was about to spend money to fix it 

HP Recommended

The power light stays on, but the caps light continues to flash.  I have no video (neither with external monitor)

Can someone send me a picture of what I'm sposed to remove & what I'm sposed to blow out so that my G62-227 works?

Sending me a video would work too.  I have 2 pc's, so can watch the video easy.

Thank u

HP Recommended
Again, No luck ))o: I have taken my laptop to two shops. Best Buy being one of them. They couldn't repair it or tell me what the problem is, because they couldn't get it to load. Ha.... I REALLY believe that HP put out some bad computers the year I purchased this one cuz I've seen so many post about the same problem. Well, I'm on the bad Hp G62-229WM right now. I haven' t been able to get on it for months. Today I let it charge for several hrs then, turned it on when it started heating up. Then, I turned it on and off two times. Last, I unplugged it kept hitting f2 for a few seconds then, held down FN while hitting f2, and powered it on at the same time, and bingo, wow i was so surprised ... came right on and windows loaded like nothing was wrong with it. Every time I find some way to get it to load it will load a few times then, stop. There I go again, trying to find a new way to get it to load. I sure don't understand it. When it comes on it works great, like nothing is wrong with it. When I turn it off it won't come back on. If windows updates and restarts it, it comes right back on. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? Thanks..... Some one said it could be the mother board. Does anyone know if it will do this? How can I check the mother board with it on? Thanks
HP Recommended
Sorry, I wish I cud tell ya
HP Recommended
Ya might wanna try getting a can of compressed air & spraying it the the air vents of your pc. I was told that sometimes dust accumulates &, depending what's in the dust, could short out the circuitry of the motherboard. I heard of numerous people fixing their computer issues by doing that. Good luck & let me know.
HP Recommended
Unscrew the back of the pc (if it's a laptop) & u'll see it. Ya lift up a little bar & just slide it out. I'd suggest watching a video or 2 on YouTube entitled just that... "How to remove memory from a laptop" ..IF that's whatcha have. I find Youtube very helpful for instruction.
HP Recommended
I have done the air and most every thing I have seen on this site and other sites online. I changed out the hard drive and the HP G62 SATA HDD Hard Drive Cable Connector Adapter when I started having this problem. When it comes on it works great! When windows updates and restarts computer it comes right back on, working great. It's only when I turn it off that it doesn't want to come back on..... until it is ready too. lol.... this thing has a mind of it's own. I have notice so many others w/ the same problem. I will let everyone know if, or when I EVER find a fix. Thanks
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.