Question

Honor Student
Pranavsinh
Message 1 of 5 (237 Views)

Laptop freezes frequently.

Hi,

MY HP Pavilion G6 keeps freezing frequantly. Sometimes it works smooth but only for few mins and it feels like it stucked in some process and stop responding. I've to force restart it.

Doesnt give me any specific error messages or went through windows diagnostic process and HP's also but both had suggested nothing.

Its not in the warrenty.

Thanks

Pranav

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 2 of 5 (215 Views)

Re: Laptop freezes frequently.

Could you please give me the exact product number for your computer?

If you need help finding it, you can use the following link:

Also, what version of Windows are you using?

Thanks,
Kyle
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
Pranavsinh
Message 3 of 5 (202 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks Kyle for your reply.

Product name : HP Pavilion G6 notebook PC

Serial Number :[Personal Information Removed]

Product number : A4C53EA#ABU

and I'm Usin Windows 7 (64bit)

Regards

Pranav

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 4 of 5 (147 Views)

I would recommend that you go through the following document: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01817290&tmp_task=useCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=e...

It's long and detailed, but it has some great information in it that can help resolve performance issues. 

Best of luck,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Student
Andy5109
Message 5 of 5 (101 Views)

I have recently solved a problem with my presario CQ62 freezing after extensive research on the web. After checking for spyware, viruses, hard drive test etc etc etc I stumbled across a post advising that the HP Realtek audio driver could cause the problem. It suggested uninstalling the driver and installing a driver from the Realtek website. I thought I would give it a try not expecting any luck after having tried many other things. Well I was amazed to find that this was the source of my problems and my laptop is now purring along fine after me really putting it through its paces for several days with no freezing and as an added bonus it fixed another problem with the laptop not waking up from sleep mode. I hope it works for you please give it a try and let me know the results. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation