Question

Student
bonkerzmommy13
Message 1 of 2 (158 Views)

Laptop shows black screen with only mouse

I went to turn on my laptop this morning after it was charged. The screen is complete blank except the curser mouse. I've had this laptop for about 4 months and nothing has ever gone wrong. When I push the airplane mode buttons the pop up box is visible, but nothing else. I'm not very computer savy and have no idea what to do.<br>Help?
HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 2 of 2 (126 Views)

Re: Laptop shows black screen with only mouse

Hi BonkerzMommy13,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your HP Notebook and getting a blank or black screen on startup. Try performing a hard reset. When performing a hard reset please note remove any and all USB devices, and remove memory cards from the card reader slot. Disconnect all non-essential devices. If that does not help try to turn on the computer you start to press F11 repeatedly till the menu opens. You can do a system restore. I would be happy to assist if needed as there are many models of HP I would need the model number. How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Please respond with which Operating System you are running:
Which Windows Operating System am I running?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation