Question

Tutor
fikxi
Message 1 of 42 (2,588 Views)

Laptop very slow in video/games

Hey everybody,

first of all my product:

HP Pavilion dv2000 (That's what it says on the top right corner of the screen

HP Pavilion dv2500 (That's what it says on the bottom of the laptop)

S/N: 2CE8216597

On the same sticker, where it says Pavilion dv2500 there is a service tag saying: dv2845se

System: Windows Vista Ultimate x64 SP2

Well, the Laptop is very slow. Sometimes watching a simple youtube-video or a dvd is not easy for the laptop. After some minutes it gets slower and slower, kind of like slowmotion. Playing Games like: Counterstrike Source, Age of empires online, or FIFA12. Those are games with low system requirements and i should be able to play those games. But i cant. Its like slowmotion and impossible to play.

I know a bit about computers, so i already updated all drivers using "Driver Genius".

I installed all windows-updates, made sure not a lot stuff is running in the background.

But still, no game wants to work at all :smileysad:

Hope someone can help me, to fix my problem.

thanks in advance

fikxi

Master's Graduate
SSDdrive
Message 2 of 42 (2,579 Views)

Re: Laptop very slow in video/games

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Thank you for including your laptop's build. According to this link:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-7150M.8841.0.html 

Your laptop has a very weak gpu. The NViDIA Geforce 7150m 425 mhz core speed isn't the best. Still, the card should play with minimum details. Are the game settings too high? Have you updated the card's Drivers?--Opened Device Manager and personally updated the card?

If it were a rattler. . . . 

Tutor
fikxi
Message 3 of 42 (2,556 Views)

Yes, i did update them manuelly. And i put the quality for the Games to the lowest possible... but still, after couple minutes everything is in slow motion. Sometimes even watching movies online.

I dont know. I feel like something is wrong with the display drivers, or any other driver?

Is there a chance to check weather all drivers are in a good shape?

Thanks

Master's Graduate
SSDdrive
Message 4 of 42 (2,554 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello again,

Yes, you can check on the drivers by riight clicking anywhere on the desktop, open up the Catalyst Center, browse down to information, hardware, it will state your laptop's graphic card build. If you then open Software, it will state the CCC version and Driver version. Please get back with all this information.

Also on the CCC is the tab Powerplay! Have you tried turning on PowerPlay?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/HD-5650-has-new-Catalyst-Control-Center-...

If your computer can run this, it will tell you on autodetect. Read down and it will tell you how to update the CCC and or drivers.

Tutor
fikxi
Message 5 of 42 (2,523 Views)

Hey again,

i got a NVIDIA Geforce card, and no Catalyst Center? I guess its only for AMD/ATI cards? I just have the Nvidia Control Panel where there is not information about hardware or software :smileysad:

Any further help for my NVIDIA-Card?

thanks
Tutor
fikxi
Message 6 of 42 (2,522 Views)

[ Edited ]

Ah, i found something under System Information in the NVIDIA Control Panel.

I made 2 Screenshot as i thought its the easiest way:

01.jpg

02.jpg

Does this help you any further? :-)

Thanks

Master's Graduate
SSDdrive
Message 7 of 42 (2,515 Views)

[ Edited ]

Okay, Perfect!

My bad! Read! Please follow the following links to/for your card. Read! They will explain how to access and adjust the primary/tweak settings for your card:

http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_6.html

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/52241-tutorial-setting-higher-performance-for-nvidia-...

Wish you luck!

Don't be afraid to make adjustments and read!

Tutor
fikxi
Message 8 of 42 (2,501 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hey,

thanks for the help so far.

I did all the Tweaks to raise the performance.

I couldnt do the stuff saying in the world of tanks forum, since i don't have the option "power management mode" as suscribed.

The recommended drivers don't work for me.

The installer always claims, that no hardware was found according to the driver, so after unpacking the files, the installation stops.

Any further help/ideas?

I also tried playing aoe again. It works fine at the beginning, but gets slower and slower, until

everything is in slow motion. It feels like the grafique-card starts working good and slows down after couple of minutes on its limit :smileysad:

thanks again

Master's Graduate
SSDdrive
Message 9 of 42 (2,492 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello, don't get depressed, I haven't given up!

I need to know how high the cpu, gpu and system temperatures are when this slo-mo begins?

Also, have you considered getting a game booster? There are many free products on the net that will help with your gaming issues. For instance, Advanced System Care/Game Booster is one. If you go to cnet and type 'Game Booster' in the query box, then you will find many more tools!

http://download.cnet.com/windows/?tag=hdr;brandnav

Tutor
fikxi
Message 10 of 42 (2,478 Views)

Hello,

where can i see my cpu, gpu and system temperature while i am ingame?

I will try a Game Booster later on and will let you know how it went.

I appreciate your help :-)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation