Laptop wont start - safe mode and startup repair not working (7517 Views)
Student
JVGA
Message 1 of 7 (7,517 Views)

Laptop wont start - safe mode and startup repair not working

[ Edited ]
I have a HP compaq CQ61-310SA notebook laptop, and im running windows 7. I turned it off last night to go to bed and when i turned it on in the morning, i was prompted to use startup repair. And so i did, however for the past 3 hrs, the startup repair screen hasnt loaded and all i get is the blue background wallpaper from it ( this one -> http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3324/3186926144_c4affdec97.jpg ). It basically never passes the blue screen to even give me any options. So its just this blue wallpaper on my screen that wont go away for hours unless i manually turn off my laptop. I proceeded to turn my laptop off manually and try to start it normally afterwards. However it just took me back to the same option for the startup repair or starting it normally. I then proceeded to using the safemode options to see if it will work, however, just like starting it normally, the safemode never even gotten to the login screen and resulted in being put back to the same two options ( start normally or startup repair ) I then proceeded to pressing the f11 keys to get to the Recovery Manager, however just like the startup repair screen freeze, this one did the exact same thing. Just a blue wallpaper for hours on end. I do remember before turning off my laptop last night that there was a little notification stating that there was a program of some sort trying to make changes to my settings but i had already pressed the turn off button and my computer was already ready to shut down, so i didnt really take much notice of it. I dont remember downloading anything at all since all i've been doing on my laptop is writing on word pad and occasionally surfing the net ( social networking sites, etc ). I dont believe i installed anything that could have harmed my computer as the only things i've ever downloaded on it are ventrilo, oovoo, paint tool sai, and ragnarok. The same laptop i have now did have a problem a few months ago where it would get stuck on the welcome screen and it would stay on the screen for hours too. This was after having a problem with an unresponsive touchpad and mouse on top of it. But that was fixed, and now only a few weeks of being fixed, this problem occurs. I have no CD's and such with my laptop as it was given to me by my dad without one, and if it did have one, we have no idea where it is. The warranty on the laptop has expired already and im at a lost as to what to do. Any help would be appreciated.
Student
chiragdwivedi
Message 2 of 7 (7,467 Views)

Re: Laptop wont start - safe mode and startup repair not working

repeatedly fails startup test and smart disc tests...also  becomes exceedingly slow initially

Student
gaby516
Message 3 of 7 (7,320 Views)

Im having the same issue, just last night i turned it off and postponed some update for 24hrs and this morning when i went to turn it on all i get is the repair option but it does not get past the blue screen. Safe mode is not working either,  I noticed this haoppened to you a few days ago i was wondering if you had it repaired

Honor Student
cwrightmorris
Message 4 of 7 (6,470 Views)

Re: Laptop wont start - safe mode and startup repair not working I keep getting blue screen

[ Edited ]

I really appreciate if anyone can help me,my hp pavilion dv4-207 keep showing a blue screen,after I press off several time it scan and after scan is over it goes into a blue screen please help me fix this problem I don't want to get read of my laptop it's the only thing I got,and I can't afford a new one so please help me someone,and God will help you and provide a lot for you.thank you.My new email address is {Personal Information Removed}

Top Student
klain
Message 5 of 7 (5,945 Views)

If your Laptop is more than 2 - 3 years, then maybe its a Hard Disk problem or your laptop's hardwares are too old already, because it has a lifespan.. would recommend to buy a new one.. or try reformatting it, I'm sure the windows serial number is sticked to the Butt of your laptop.. you could use that key.. Hope this helps
Honor Student
blessedchild
Message 6 of 7 (2,873 Views)

[ Edited ]

start button turns off

Honor Student
blessedchild
Message 7 of 7 (2,872 Views)

swithing on start button but  goes off.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation