Login user failed login (1457 Views)
Top Student
nkjk2003
Message 1 of 8 (1,457 Views)

Login user failed login

My administrator account has locked me out.  Everytime I try and enter my password I get User login service failed.  I can get under a visitor account, but need to get back into the administrator account.  If I enter an incorrect password I get a red X saying invalid password, but when I use the correct password I get a different response saying that the login failed.  Is there any way to get back on the administrator account? I am on Windows Vista HP Pavilion Entertainment PC.

Associate Professor
parvez_tech
Message 2 of 8 (1,445 Views)

Re: Login user failed login

Hi,

What is the exact error message that comes up?..Is it "User Profile Service Failed to Logon"...If yes then you'll be able to login to the

Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking and then follow the microsoft Fixit link above.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
If you have HP Support Assistant installed on the computer(The Blue Question Mark) then open it ==> Complete all pending Updates & Tuneups==> Restart and Check. It may solve your problem
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
**Click on “Kudos” Star if you think this reply helped**
Top Student
nkjk2003
Message 3 of 8 (1,442 Views)

The exact message I get is "The user profile Service service failed the logon" next line "User profile cannot be loaded"

Associate Professor
parvez_tech
Message 4 of 8 (1,435 Views)

Hi,

You'll be able to login to the Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking.(click on the link to know how to go to Safe Mode).

Once you are logged into Safe Mode With Networking you can run the Microsoft Fixit for this problem from the following link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215 

or

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9734641

Note:
If you have HP Support Assistant installed on the computer(The Blue Question Mark) then open it ==> Complete all pending Updates & Tuneups==> Restart and Check. It may solve your problem
Top Student
nkjk2003
Message 5 of 8 (1,423 Views)

I was able to get int he safe mode under my account, but could not run the fixit because it said I was not under an administrator?  I tried to take out my password for the administrator account, but that did not help when I went back to the Normal mode.  I am still lost as to how to get into my administrator account.  Thank you for trying to help, but I may need someone to actually look at my computer because without step by step instruction, I feel like I am doing more damage than good trying to figure this out.

Associate Professor
parvez_tech
Message 6 of 8 (1,412 Views)

Hi,

Yes that would be a better option.  

Also forgot to mention in the previous reply-After you save the microsoft fixit on the desktop you need to right click on the icon and then click "Run As Administrator".

Note:
Top Student
nkjk2003
Message 7 of 8 (1,410 Views)

I'll try it - If something goes through I'll post. Thanks

Student
charliesshean
Message 8 of 8 (1,073 Views)

I suggest you google:

How to Reset HP Pavilion Password on Windows Vista

and get suggestions from search results!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation