MIni 110 will not boot (313 Views)
Student
roylshly
Message 1 of 4 (313 Views)

MIni 110 will not boot

My wife as a HP mini 110-11,  PN- VF704AV that will not boot past the HP logo. In the bottom left "F9 = Change boot Device Order" & "F10 = BIOS Setup Options". The F9 & F10 keys are not working, I have pressed it and let it sit there for an hour to see if it does anything. I have done a hard reset, checked the keyboard to make sure it is connected. The fan will turn on and off to keep it cool. I have no ideal what happen to it for this to happen. My wife had went a couple days without being on it, then it would not boot up past this point. Anytime I turn it on now I do see that the caps lock light flash 1x, the the power light is white, and the wifi light is orange. This is a mini so I only have USB and SD card slots, no cd drive. Any help will be great, Thanks  

Honor Student
mdicori
Message 2 of 4 (135 Views)

Re: MIni 110 will not boot

I have same problem with my HP Mini 110. I'm not able to get over the screen with the hp logo and f9  f10 options which are not working. I also tried f11 but nothing. Any suggestions ???? Thanks

Student
UrsaBehr
Message 3 of 4 (91 Views)

I have exactly the same problem, seems it happpens to a lot of us, cant find any answers anywhere?

Teacher
hptech01
Message 4 of 4 (87 Views)

Hi all,

by your explanation caps led blink once, means your cpu is faulty or even motherboard needs to be replaced or can be both, only testing is possible to be sure.

You can check this error codes on following link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01443366&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en

Any further help please post.

Hope i can help.

Thanks and best regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation