Question

Top Student
Sue629
Message 1 of 7 (11,056 Views)
Accepted Solution

Message saying application blocked by sec settings....Can't play yahoo pool

Hi:  hoping someone can help.   I always play yahoo pool and yesterday i got message to update java , which i did.  I am running windows 8.  Well i go into a pool room and looks like it is going to load and this box pops up and say:

Application blocked by security setting

Name:  Ygames_Applet

Your Security settings have blocked an untrusted application from running.

Ok well Java is trusted and I never switched anything just updated java like it said to now i can't play on their site.   Is there a fix to this?  Seems so simple but i can't figure it out.   Thank you in advance for helping if able.   Sue

Associate Professor
parvez_tech
Message 2 of 7 (11,050 Views)

Re: Message saying application blocked by sec settings....Can't play yahoo pool

[ Edited ]

Hi,

You'll most likely have to change few security settings in Java Control panel..

This how you can get the Java Control Panel..

• Press Windows logo key + W to open the Search charm to search settings
    OR
    Drag the Mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner of the screen, then click on the Search icon.
  • In the search box enter Java Control Panel
  • Click on Java icon to open the Java Control Panel.

java.PNG

Once the control panel opens click on the Security Tab at the top. In security tab make sure Enable Java Content in browser is checked and then change the Security level.

-If you have Very High selected then change it to High and then click Ok. Try opening the game again in the browser.

- If it is in High then change to Medium and click ok.Try again. Remember is it always recomemnded to select High. So to be safer you can add the website link under Exception Site List==> Edit Site List

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
If you have HP Support Assistant installed on the computer(The Blue Question Mark) then open it ==> Complete all pending Updates & Tuneups==> Restart and Check. It may solve your problem
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
**Click on “Kudos” Star if you think this reply helped**
Top Student
Sue629
Message 3 of 7 (11,045 Views)

Thank you soooo much....It worked Yeah :smileyhappy:.   I did keep on high and just added the site. I appreciate the step by step directions.    Thanks again so very much.   Have great day ...Sue :smileyhappy:

Honor Student
Jon25t
Message 4 of 7 (10,690 Views)

Jave in browser is enabled.  still have the problem

Something is blocking ygames_applet

Associate Professor
parvez_tech
Message 5 of 7 (10,680 Views)

Thats fine..Try updating or uninstall and reinstall Java from Control Panel.

How do I uninstall Java on my Windows computer?

Note:
If you have HP Support Assistant installed on the computer(The Blue Question Mark) then open it ==> Complete all pending Updates & Tuneups==> Restart and Check. It may solve your problem
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
**Click on “Kudos” Star if you think this reply helped**
Honor Student
HarryBrown
Message 6 of 7 (5,209 Views)

I had this problem and I updated Java thinking that was the problem, then I discovered a YouTube video called Fix Java Application Blocked by Security Settings Error and following that guide fixed my problem. Basiclly don't change the settings from HIGH to Normal, there's a reason why this is happening as Java awhile back had a major vulnerability allowing people to take advantage and gain access to people's machines, while fixing that issue they also made a lot more changes to ensure that never happens again, I imagine it damaged their reputation some what too. Also if possible see if Yog5 Yahoo can be run from HTTPS rather than HTTP.

Student
Ragnhild
Message 7 of 7 (800 Views)

I font understand
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation