Question

Top Student
walipro1
Message 1 of 6 (673 Views)

Mouse freezing up

I have a brand new HP G62-34OUS that is not even a month old and the mouse or touch pad what ever you want to call it, keeps freezing up. The computer still works but I can't do any thing because the touch pad won't work. The only thing I can do is shut it off and let it reboot. Talked to HP they had me down load a new driver, but no luck. This thing is far to new to be having this problem all ready. I should add the last time, about 5 Min's ago the whole computer froze. So maybe the problem is getting worse.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 6 (669 Views)

Re: Mouse freezing up

Hi,

Personally, if a brand new notebook isn't working as it should, I would seriously think about returning it and getting it replaced.

If you want to try some troubleshooting, the first thing I would suggest is to run a Windows system file check.

From the Start Menu, open All Programs, open Accessories, right click the Command Prompt and select 'Run as Administrator'.  In to the prompt type the following command and hit enter.

sfc /scannow                 ( note that there is a space between sfc and the / )

Let the process complete, then type exit and hit enter.  Restart the PC and see if this has helped the issue.

Best wishes,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
talktoomuch
Message 3 of 6 (664 Views)

Mine is doing the same thing and it is only less than a month old!! If you find the answer please let me know and I will do the same

Provost
DavidPK
Message 4 of 6 (662 Views)

@talktoomuch,

Did you try the process in my previous post?  Let me know if this doesn't help.

Best wishes,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
Bioya9
Message 5 of 6 (626 Views)

Same problem on my 2 week old Envy 14. 

Chat support immediately wanted me to send it in for repairs so they must know about this problem. 

I will probably just return it and go with a different laptop.

Honor Student
talktoomuch
Message 6 of 6 (618 Views)

Hp support had me do a variety of things. It took 4 hours. But disabling the mouse and reengaging it seem to help the problem. Hope you have better luck with a new laptop. Seems a lot of brands are doing the same thing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation