Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

The screen stays black, the fans start spinning, the power button lights up, the wifi button lights up, and the Caps Lock button flashes. It's really frustrating. What could be the problem?

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi,

As you said the Caps lock light is flashing you can relate the flash sequence using the below link 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674

Regards

Mahemac

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
, I am speaking for myself and not for HP and I am not an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Te blink code isn't working. The caps lock light never stops blinking.

HP Recommended

Could you mention the model number and the product number of your notebook.

Regards

Mahemac

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
HP Recommended

No can do, the sticker on the bottom is a bit torn up.

HP Recommended

You try the below steps:-

1. Remove battery and then turn ON notebook only with power adaptor, check if anything changes or not

2. If the issue remains the same, then disconnect hard disk drive and then turn ON the notebook with hard disk drive

3. Follow the same process where you can disconnect optical drive and RAM, check if the system display anything or not

Regards

Mahemac

HP Recommended

That's a bit beyond my skill level with computers. But I'll see if I can get a hand. Thank you.

HP Recommended
I have the same computer same problem except I took the battery out and turn power on and give me more on the screen when I had in awhile but then I needed a boot disk so I put it back in and now its doing a memory test so hopefully it works after this thanks to what I read on. when I was in one of these menus I activated my eyes startup password so anytime I turn it on and ask for my password before the boot menu all the time, I'm not sure if it's going to workafter it finished its test but how do I get rid of that password I had activated?
HP Recommended

I'm having a problem with my hp pavilion g series laptop ito been running slower and constant pop ups appear every time I go to refresh or sometimes scroll down on a page and won't let me download and anti virus protection or any thing else and it's been having power failures when windows try to update the configuration s on to my laptop and today it just shut down on its on and when it restarted it says the system won't boot up and to insert windows disc and reset the program but I do not have this disc and my warranty.it says to contact the manufacturer if don't have the windows disc to solve the problem

HP Recommended

I'm having a problem with my hp pavilion g series laptop ito been running slower and constant pop ups appear every time I go to refresh or sometimes scroll down on a page and won't let me download and anti virus protection or any thing else and it's been having power failures when windows try to update the configuration s on to my laptop and today it just shut down on its on and when it restarted it says the system won't boot up and to insert windows disc and reset the program but I do not have this disc and my warranty.it says to contact the manufacturer if don't have the windows disc to solve the problem

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.