My HP laptop's cooling fan isn't working. (126486 Views)
Student
gkavungal09
Message 11 of 67 (22,466 Views)

Re: My HP laptop's cooling fan isn't working.

Dear sir, Six before i bought new Hp laptop. it was working good way. but from yesterday when i opening time showing like error. that if i just click enter it will open

The error message is.........

"The system has detected that a cooling fan is not operating correctly. Continued operation would not be recommended at this time... may cause unpredictable behavior that could result in random shut down, data loss or possible system damage"

This has never happened before, and I have never had any problems with my laptop such as this before. please tell me the problem and solution.

Thank you

Girish

Student
frankiesteve
Message 12 of 67 (22,400 Views)

colibri wrote:

Okay, so. I have an HP Pavilion g6-1145sg. It was working properly all morning, and then I put it to sleep temporarily (about ten to twenty minutes). When I went to turn it on, the screen was black and said something along the lines of

"the system has detected that a cooling fan is not operating correctly. Continued operation would not be recommended at this time... may cause unpredictable behaviour that could result in random shut down, data loss or possible system damage." 

Then after a few seconds it shuts off completely. There is an option to continue with system resume, and I clicked it once, but it didn't go all the way through to letting me use my laptop properly (I got to my desktop background and it shut down). 

This has never happened before, and I have never had any problems with my laptop such as this before. I have had it since last August, and it has worked somewhat alright through until today. Of course, the system lags occasionally, but nothing serious, mostly just aggravating. 

How can I fix this?

Student
john3v16
Message 13 of 67 (21,982 Views)

colibri wrote:

Okay, so. I have an HP Pavilion g6-1145sg. It was working properly all morning, and then I put it to sleep temporarily (about ten to twenty minutes). When I went to turn it on, the screen was black and said something along the lines of

"the system has detected that a cooling fan is not operating correctly. Continued operation would not be recommended at this time... may cause unpredictable behaviour that could result in random shut down, data loss or possible system damage." 

Then after a few seconds it shuts off completely. There is an option to continue with system resume, and I clicked it once, but it didn't go all the way through to letting me use my laptop properly (I got to my desktop background and it shut down). 

This has never happened before, and I have never had any problems with my laptop such as this before. I have had it since last August, and it has worked somewhat alright through until today. Of course, the system lags occasionally, but nothing serious, mostly just aggravating. 

How can I fix this?

colibri wrote:

How can I fix this?

colibri wrote:

How can I fix this?

Student
soniawellbourne
Message 14 of 67 (21,117 Views)

when i turn my laptop on, i get message saying cooling fan not working, it give me option to carry on, but says it can cause other problems, why is this, the fan doesnt kick in now when turned on

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 15 of 67 (21,081 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello soniawellbourne.  I understand you're receiving an error message about your cooling fan not working.

This means that the fan which is used to direct hot air outside of your notebook is dead or damaged.  If your notebook gets too hot it could damage the internal components.  So, it is important to fix this quickly.  First, you should follow the steps in this document.  It covers cleaning the notebook's cooling system.  If this fails to resolve the issue you likely need to replace the fan or have the notebook repaired.

If you'd like to replace the fan yourself I can provide you with some helpful information.  To locate the correct information I'll need your notebook's product number.  If you're unsure where the product number is located you can take a look at this support document.

If you'd like to inquire about having the notebook repaired through HP you can contact HP Support.  If you're in the US/Canada the number is 1-800-474-6836.  If you're in another part of the world you'll need to visit HP Support Worldwide.

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.  Have an excellent day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

I work for HP.
Student
robert414
Message 16 of 67 (19,832 Views)

laptop is hp pavilion g6 works ok in a very cold room but in a warm room a message advises fan malfunction and machine closes down.

Distinguished Professor
anthony82
Message 17 of 67 (19,826 Views)

Hello robert414,

You’re having a problem with the fan not working.

First id get a can of compressed and clean the vents out. Sometimes dust can be clogging the vents or fan and keep it from running properly.

Also I would go to HP.com and update the BIOS. The update might correct what temperature the fan come on preventing the computer from overheating.

Here is a link to the update.  You'll need your product number.

If you don’t hear the fan spinning after everything, you might need to replace the fan.

Let me know how everything goes.

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Have a good day.
I work for HP.
Student
svpm1982
Message 18 of 67 (18,000 Views)

Re: My HP laptop's cooling fan isn't working correctly

My fan isn't working properly and making lots of noise...

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 19 of 67 (17,978 Views)

Hello svpm1982,

Did you try any of the troubleshooting steps from the suggestions in this thread above?  If you provide a product number, and let me know more detail about what you're dealing with and what you've tried above and results, I'll do my best to help.

Thanks!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Student
dnmchris
Message 20 of 67 (17,433 Views)

It just stopped working

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation