My PC wont start up Windows after I used it to work from home (95 Views)
Honor Student
RobVanEna
Message 1 of 2 (95 Views)
Accepted Solution

My PC wont start up Windows after I used it to work from home

A new software was installed on my HP Pavilion G6 to enable me work from home home. Now I stopped the work and my PC cannot boot upon start. It just has a black screen and I cannot get to Windows. How do I get back to Windows? How do I get  off this software and Boot up Windows at START prompt?

Distinguished Professor
AxshunJaxun
Message 2 of 2 (80 Views)

Re: My PC wont start up Windows after I used it to work from home

Hey RobVanEna,

You could try performing a Microsoft System Restore. A Microsoft System Restore will only set you back to an earlier date and it will not affect your files (with the exception of files/folders saved directly to the Desktop). Please note, it is different from a Recovery. A Recovery will set the notebook back to factory conditions and you will lose any data on the hard that isn't backed up externally.

Check out these instructions on how to perform a System Restore. There is a lot of information at the top that you'll want to read through later. In the list of blue link at the top of the document, click "Using System Restore when Windows 7 Cannot Start Normally".

If System Restore fails for any reason, let me know. It is advisable to try a few different dates if one doesn't work. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or if this suggestion helped (this may help others with a similar issue). I'll keep an eye out for your reply.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation