Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have Windows 8 and do not get any error messages

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ok, i will try that.

Thank you for your help and assistans.

I come back if this don´t solve my problems.

:Wink:

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi,

Enter the BIOS or UEFI (F2) and run the hard disk test.  Unless you provide more information ( complete product name \ operating system \ specific condition when the freeze happens) it will be quite difficult to help you.

Lets start with you helping by identifying your notebook completely.

HP has produced and brought to market perhaps more than 10,000 models of notebooks and desktop PCs over the years. It is difficult to help you if we don't know which one you own and which operating system is installed.

Method #1: If the notebook will boot into Windows you can retrieve your Product Number by pressing Fn + Esc key. You can also read the Service Tag (if present) attached to the bottom of your notebook\netbook.

Method #2:
Remove the battery and look in the compartment where the battery was installed. You should see a printed part number and a product name. Please post one or both of them (with all alphanumeric characters here).

-erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

HP Pavilion g7 Notebook PC

serialnumber:[Personal Information Removed]

productnumber:C2A28EA#UUW

windows version:Windows 8 64 bits

It suddenly freezes and i do not get any error messages, the only way to restart it is to press the "on-offbutton".

HP Recommended

Press the power button and then tap the Esc key to enter the Startup menu. Choose the F2 key to enter the Systems Diagnostics -->HP PC Hardware Diagnostics menu. In the menu that appears choose system tests and then run the extensive test.

Post the test results here.

-erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I have tried all tests on the system diagnostics menu and the only result is "Passed", so i think it is ok.

HP Recommended

What are you doing with the notebook when it freezes?

-erico

HP Recommended

It could suddenly freeze in desktopmode or on an internet-page so i can not say that it freeze in any particular "mode" or place.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Log into Windows and open the HP Support Assistant. In the Updates and tune-up section there is an option called Tune-up. Ensure that Clear temporary folder \ Empty recycle bin \ clear Firefox and internet explorer temporary files options are set to yes and run it.

If you do not have it installed, download it from the web support portal for your notebook and istall it.

-erico

HP Recommended

Ok, i will try that.

Thank you for your help and assistans.

I come back if this don´t solve my problems.

:Wink:

HP Recommended

I had the same problem at my g7 1054er. All possible test including burn-in tests and linpack had passed, nothing had helped, which means that this is some mass hardware problem, and no one would tell you what is that.

[edited Spoiler by Moderator] 

This may be somehow related to pci-e bus, because I was able to install Linux on my notebook after the removal of the wi-fi module.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.