Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just got a HP Envy 17-j148nr. It's really nice and i'm impressed so far coming from the Pavilion dv-7. However one thing I don't like is the click pad. I will get used to it however. But, at random times it will freeze up and I wont be able to use it for about 2-10 seconds. What could be causing this?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi Windorf!

It can be a driver issue of the touchpad, here's what can i share regarding with that issue

Using and Troubleshooting the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 😎  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03523373

Troubleshooting when TouchPad does not work in Windows 8

There are several options for troubleshooting your TouchPad when it is not working. Use the following steps, until a solution is found.
  1. On some touchpads you can turn on or off the TouchPad by double tapping in the upper left corner of the TouchPad. Double tap to turn the TouchPad on, repeat to turn the TouchPad off.
    Figure 43: TouchPad On/Off Switch
    TouchPad On/Off Switch
  2. Perform a hard reset by following the steps in the HP document Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset. A hard reset clears the driver instructions. Your computer rereads all instructions from the drivers and software stored in the Operating System which can solve some problems.
  3. Be sure you have the latest drivers for your TouchPad. Use the following steps to install the latest drivers.
    1. Go to the HP Drivers and Downloads webpage. Enter your computer model number and then click Go.
    2. Select your computer model from the list of results.
    3. Select your operating system from the drop down menu and then click Next.
    4. Scroll down to select the driver category Driver - Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices.
    5. Click the Download button next to the appropriate TouchPad or ClickPad driver. The file downloads to your Downloads folder
    6. Open your Downloads folder and double-click to install the latest driver. Follow on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
  4. Return the computer to a software configuration when the TouchPad was working by restoring the system to a time when the touchpad was working correctly. For more information go to Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 😎.

Thanks!

Otilol

HP Recommended

Hello Otilol,

I will give your first suggestion a try, thranks! However the second troubleshooting does not apply, since this is a clickpad and not a touch pad. I am familar with touch pad troubleshooting and miss my touchpad.

HP Recommended

No worries! let me know if everything is working fine...

Thanks!

Otilol

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.